what's the silliest or most ridiculous thing that motivates you?

Options
I have this article of clothing that was given to me by a dear relative and it's hideous. I cannot wait for the day that I get to dispose of it because it doesn't fit anymore.

Yes, I realize I am a grown up and should be able to find a more mature way to deal with this "problem", but for now it makes me happy to think about getting rid of it and having a totally understandable reason to never been seen wearing it again that will in no way potentially hurt the givers feelings.

Anyone else have odd or silly things that motivate them or make them happy to anticipate?

Replies

• mcbrainder
    mcbrainder Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Gerard Butler.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is truly silly, but I really think I might look like a pasty-white Sofia Vergara when all the weight comes off! Won't upset me if I don't - but I have to find out!
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    nice booty at the gym on treadmill in front of u always makes me stay on longer.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Silly? Maybe-but I can't wait until I actually fit in any chair. I mean, no hip hanging over or touching the sides. :#
  • CamGoddess
    CamGoddess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Two friends of mine who're dieting & I only see once a week. I'm competitive!
  • beccaheiser
    beccaheiser Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not being the hot nerd anymore. Now I'm just the hot nerd in a fat girls body.
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Not going into detail, but I became reacquainted with my hipbones in December 2013. I spent more than a couple decades without being able to see or feel them. I am absolutely obsessed with them now, and even wake up during the night to marvel at the feel of them when lying in bed. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but they motivate me to stay the course, and when I do go a little overboard in eating, or get lax with my workouts, they help me get back on track. I never want them to disappear again :)
  • trungalung
    Options
    Seeing your muscles defined and swelling up after a lifting session. Motivate me to permanently get that definition.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    The thought that anyone thinks I can't lose the weight now that I have set my mind to it. That motivates me. I have a Michael Jordan like resolve to prove people wrong. Want to see me do something? Tell me I can't.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    looking better than other members of my family at our upcoming reunion
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    HeyHeyJLynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have this article of clothing that was given to me by a dear relative and it's hideous. I cannot wait for the day that I get to dispose of it because it doesn't fit anymore.

Yes, I realize I am a grown up and should be able to find a more mature way to deal with this "problem", but for now it makes me happy to think about getting rid of it and having a totally understandable reason to never been seen wearing it again that will in no way potentially hurt the givers feelings.

Anyone else have odd or silly things that motivate them or make them happy to anticipate?

Oh! I've got a lot of these.

To be able to brush my teeth without jiggling. :)

• HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    To see my collar bones again.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i would like to buy a renaissance dress and randmly wear it around town. but i cant until i meet goal. im also trying to surprise my arabian husband by learning belly dance, which i will show him when i look better doing it...
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    To be able to sit on the bathroom counter (like I used to) to pluck my eyebrows or put on makeup.
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    When I run into crappy ex boyfriends or their mean mother's in my hometown... for them to think "Wow." Instead of "Wow. She let herself go."

That's more of a immature one, than silly. But whatever. lol
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    For my husband to be able to pick me up with ease.

He tries to when he hugs me sometimes and I always fight and stop him because I'm terrified he's going to hurt himself... I'd like to be light enough to feel okay with letting him. :)
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    Also, potentially surviving the zombie apocalypse.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I am actually in maintenance, but one of the things that helps me is to imagine if I were to gain weight back, all the people who would say, " I knew she would gain it all back." 10540940.png
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    JLMont31 wrote: »
    Also, potentially surviving the zombie apocalypse.

Totally. I don't need to be super fit; so long as I can outrun just one person.....
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I live far away from all of my family and only see them when I go home for holidays of vacations. The thought that when they see me the difference in my body will be noticeable and they'll comment on the difference really motivates me. I can't wait for the comments about what I've lost and to talk about how I've been exercising and eating right! My brother plays football and my father has always been an athlete so it'll be fun to talk about my routine. I'm hiding it so they have no idea lol.

I know this one seems counterproductive lol...but food helps motivate me. I HATED exercising before. I couldn't find the will to do it. Even when I was a 3 sport athlete in HS, I made up all kinds of excuses and cut corners to avoid running...in track practice of all things lol. But now that I'm tracking and being responsible with calories, I look forward to the days I exercise because I look forward to how many more options it gives me with food for the day.