what's the silliest or most ridiculous thing that motivates you?

Options

Replies

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    To convincingly cosplay River Tam some day....
  • vegasgyrl79971
    Options
    I have so many lol. No the most silliest, childish and potentially mental issue that I have for motivation is to continue being smaller than my cousin. **shame** Lol. Ive always been bigger than her. And when I lost my weight, she couldn't take and has shown her true colors. She has since gotten the band with plication so I have to make sure to drop these last 20lbs of baby weight so that I remain smaller than her. So shameful LOL!!
  • vegasgyrl79971
    Options
    JLMont31 wrote: »
    To see my collar bones again.

^^ This :)

• missability
    Options
    My 4 yr old grand-daughter was the motivation 134 pounds and 2 yrs ago, and still is..(don't go by my ticker, I lost about 30 before joining MFP). I am 20lbs, give or take, from goal now, but my biggest motivator is still her. AND here is one example: She now weighs 41Lbs. (she will be 5 in Dec). Every time I take her somewhere and she falls asleep in the car, which she still often does, I tend to carry her till she is fully awake, a few minutes, it never ceases to amaze me, and get me to thinking when I have her on my hip, and I suddenly realize I have lost 3 of her!!! OMG! Then the real motivation sets in with the realization that it's no wonder getting a bath was non-existant for years (I showered)..LOL, Parking as close to the front of the stores was a necessity, cleaning, cooking, amusement parks, swimming, the beach, all things I loved had become a chore. Heck even getting out of bed somedays, and then I think "MY GOD, If I had 2 of her hanging from my waist, and another hanging from my back, would I still be alive? Let alone functional"?..Probably not. And there it is!
  • missability
    Options
    ^^^^That's neither silly or odd...but felt like I needed to share :)
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    To be able to do all the fun, active things that I used to be able to do. I love hiking, camping, and kayaking and I really want to buy a smaller kayak that is easier to transport but I can't because I way too much. I mainly want to continue to prove to myself that I can do anything that I set my mind to do. Another reason is I am sick of hearing people say, "You have a pretty face and you would be so pretty if you weren't carrying that extra weight on your frame."
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    i would like to buy a renaissance dress and randmly wear it around town. but i cant until i meet goal. im also trying to surprise my arabian husband by learning belly dance, which i will show him when i look better doing it...

Belly dancing is so much fun! I am sure that when you show of your skills to your husband that you will be awesome!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Seeing my muscles flex even when I'm not flexing on purpose
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    1) Having my trunk measurement 1"-2" below my belly button be the same or less than 1" above it. (long way of saying "losing spare tire")
    2) Having arms big enough that I don't feel like Kermit The Frog!
    tumblr_inline_n6wr5jzuqb1s9nclc.gif
    tumblr_m7vyxrp6Lv1qca1beo1_1280.jpg

• msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    When I was at my most fit, you could see dimples when I smiled. Now that I'm not-so-fit and gained weight, those little dimples have disappeared because my cheeks chubbed up. I want those dimples back.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Being competetive with my sister. Ive always been the biggest of the 3 of us, not for much longer, Im within a stone of my baby sis now

Ive got a gorgeous pair of animal jeans in a uk 14

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    I am actually in maintenance, but one of the things that helps me is to imagine if I were to gain weight back, all the people who would say, " I knew she would gain it all back." 10540940.png

Same here. In no way is it my only motivator, BUT I hate that there is a part of me that cares about what other people say/think.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    1) I don't want these back boobs anymore
    2) Sick of granny panties!
    3) Competition with sisters (largest out of all 5 of us)
    4) Zombie apocalypse
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Walking by Victoria's Secret.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options

my mom "reminding" me about my weight gain ... :s
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    as a turtle I just want to be able to come out of my shell
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I like the way just about everybody I meet asks me about fitness instead of recipes.
    It's just nice to be noticed in a good way.
  • beautifuldisasta
    beautifuldisasta Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love everyone's answers, there is a few in there that I feel the same about! But my silliest one would have to be that I'm always trying to dodge cameras, it will be nice when I actually want to be in the photos! :p
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    There's lots of them. I was so excited when I discovered I had ribs...I can't wait to discover what other body parts have been hiding from me all these years! I also want to be able to comfortably fit in one of those student desks (you know, the desk and chair that's all one piece). They are all over at work and I'd like to be able to sit in one. I'd also love to be able to share clothes with my sisters. Not that I want to wear their clothes, but I'd love for them to be able to borrow a sweatshirt from me on a chilly evening and have it not drown them! And my 20 year high school reunion is coming up in about 3 years. I intend to show up being SMALLER than I was in high school. Everybody else puts on weight after high school. I want to be the one who lost it!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I think the silliest thing is seeing how far around me my belt is wrapping.
    In January, it was barely in the first loop in front.
    Now it's almost to the middle back loop.
    I'm thinking it will probably reach one more past that by the time I'm done losing.

And the long-shot thing I hope will happen is that next summer (or maybe fall) when I've reached my healthy goal weight (which will be at least 110 lb down from when he last saw me) I can call a friend I don't get to see very often and say, "let's get coffee", and when I walk in he won't recognize me at first.

51637601.png