Weird but neat NSV

bazarn
bazarn Posts: 80 Member
So, I lost my name badge and had to get it replaced. I got the thing over a year ago when I was at my highest weight and had just started at my current job. Normally, if you lose your badge they charge you $10.
Well, I mentioned that I had lost a lot of weight and asked if they would like to take a new photo for that reason, and they said that would be a good idea. And they didn't charge me because of having to take the new picture! It was pretty neat, because I am massively broke right now, haha.
What's your most recent (weird or not) NSV?

Replies

• IncredibleShrinkingSandy
    IncredibleShrinkingSandy Posts: 118 Member
    edited October 2014
    I have noticed that just by looking at my clothes they appear bigger. I am down only 9 pounds but am short (5'4"). Before I started losing weight my clothes looked smaller than they do now. I think that is pretty weird.

Edit* I don't mean that they are getting bigger ON me, although they are. I mean, when I hold them up before putting them on.
  • bazarn
    That's really true though, hadn't thought about it that way.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Not recent, but my weird NSV was when I was finally down to being the same size as my husband. I needed to run out to my car one night and only had on my nightshirt. He'd left his shorts on the floor so I pulled them on thinking I'd just get them up to my hips and that'd be good enough but I was able to actually button and zip them!
  • bazarn
    Haha! That's awesome.
  • Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Laying down with my bra on and realizing the band around my ribs is looser :)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I just put on some jeans that were 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing when I started- and they fit great!
  • bazarn
    Awesome NSVs guys!
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Looking at my driver's license picture and realizing just how bloated I looked compared to how I look now... Wow.
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    My husband's clothes are now baggy on me. One of my biggest past 'shames' (if you will) was that I was so much larger than my husband. For some weird mental reason it feels good to be physically smaller than him (even though I am still overweight!)
  • bazarn
    That would be neat! My husband is skinny as a bean pole so I have no dreams of fitting into his clothes (I like mah curves!!! Haha), but I can imagine how awesome that would be, esp. since I used to weight about 100 lbs more than my husband, now it's just like a respectable 35 lbs haha. Loving the NSVs, keep 'em coming!
  • csec6pak
    csec6pak Posts: 54 Member

My work pants used to be too tight. Then one day I stood up from my desk and they fell down. Literally fell down to my ankles, even though they were buttoned and zipped. Luckily I was in my office alone with the door shut.

• bazarn
    Haha! Those NSVs are always awkward but encouraging nonetheless :smile:
  • deannasueknutson
    deannasueknutson Posts: 38 Member
    That's awesome! I just recently got married and I have to update my badge too. I would have thought they would have just reissued it with the same picture. However, they said I need to get an updated picture. I'm pretty excited about it because the picture is 3 years old and I have lost weight since then. Yay for new ID badges!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    csec6pak wrote: »
    My work pants used to be too tight. Then one day I stood up from my desk and they fell down. Literally fell down to my ankles, even though they were buttoned and zipped. Luckily I was in my office alone with the door shut.

Embarrassing. Hilarious. Awesome.
  • knoelledi
    knoelledi Posts: 91 Member
    I was at work yesterday and kind of got tripped up. In the meantime, my shoe flew off. These are sturdy mary jane/doc martin type shoes. I had noticed my workout shoes were bugging my toes and thinking of double socking it until I can afford new shoes and then this happens!!

I also tried on a pair of jeans thinking they would be good goal jeans to get into. They fit and fit well! Now listing tons on eBay just to afford this new wardrobe because this size is a size I haven't been in (for more than a month) in 19 years.
  • bazarn
    Again, awesome NSVs guys :)
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Husband bought a hoody for me for crimbo, ordered it in a size down from the one from the same place I am wearing now. Turned up and it fit
  • bigT24chiefs
    bigT24chiefs Posts: 50 Member
    My gym shorts are looser..58 inch pants falling off me as I walk now.. Need a belt lol
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    My running clothes that have been body-less the last 4 months because I was bulking are too tight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I keep hurting my new hip bones. Apparently I was slamming my hips around on things before, when I had more cushion.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!