Does anyone else have a food picture diary?

Options
spacegirlz
spacegirlz Posts: 68 Member
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone else have a food/snack picture diary? Taking pictures of what you eat including snacks & drinks. What's your reason for having one?

Personally my reason is because it helps me keep track of what I've eaten or how much I've eaten visually. I'm a visual person. I like seeing a visual if I'm eating a lot, too little, badly, healthy, eating habits, etc... I'm not sure if this is productive or counterproductive.

I wonder if there is calendar app or program where I can compile my pics & notes into calendar format..

I was on a hiatus but im back now & looking for some motivation don't worry I'll do my best to help too. Feel free to add me if you like. I'm always looking for new people to discuss & encourage.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I've never done this, but it sounds like an interesting idea.

Have you tried Onenote or Evernote for to compile you pictures and notes?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I would love to do that just because many of my meals are so god damn delicious! Would need a better camera though.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I like this idea a lot, and may borrow it when it comes to maintaining my weight, as I don't plan to count calories after a certain transition period, but it would be nice to keep track of meals to look back on, should any weight gain occur :smile:

Will keep track of this thread to see if any good app recommendations/ methods are out there for such a purpose :smile:
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I upload majority of mine on Instagram. Good or bad lol.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The Misfit products use a photo food journal. I wonder if you can have an account and use the app without the tracker? You can with Fitbits.

http://www.misfitwearables.com/products/shine
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't do that, I'm more of a numbers person so looking at my diary here keeps me more motivated than pictures, but to help you here is an app that does exactly what you want

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cultstory.photocalendar&hl=en
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    laineybz wrote: »
    I upload majority of mine on Instagram. Good or bad lol.
    Yeah this is the closest I have to a picture diary. Not for tracking. I do it so I can remember what I actually put into things since I don't usually use recipes.
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link AmusedMonkey. I will use it. I enjoy taking pictures of my meals and while I'm cooking. This will be great.

• MyWeigh94
    MyWeigh94 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Instagram app to keep track of what I eat. I've been doing it for a few weeks. It helps me to make better decisions because I don't want to let the people who follow me see me slip up!
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    spacegirlz wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a food/snack picture diary? Taking pictures of what you eat including snacks & drinks. What's your reason for having one?

Personally my reason is because it helps me keep track of what I've eaten or how much I've eaten visually. I'm a visual person. I like seeing a visual if I'm eating a lot, too little, badly, healthy, eating habits, etc... I'm not sure if this is productive or counterproductive.

I wonder if there is calendar app or program where I can compile my pics & notes into calendar format..

I was on a hiatus but im back now & looking for some motivation don't worry I'll do my best to help too. Feel free to add me if you like. I'm always looking for new people to discuss & encourage.

I take pics of anything that looks particularly scrummy so I can make it again when my motivation is low. It's not consistent but I do love the look of my "new" food. Salads etc just look delicious.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I do, but I don't use it for every meal and snack. I have a Flickr account where I keep photos of particularly tasty, healthful, or easy meals I want to remember for later (or show off on here B)). Then when I feel uninspired or stuck in a rut with meal planning or shopping I can skim through and remember new things I enjoyed or quick meals that came out well.
  • Cyndi10612
    Cyndi10612 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yes! theres an app on itunes called "two grand" that lets you take pix of your meals as your diary.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I use an app called simply "meal logger". I often go back through it for ideas when I am planning my menus. It is easier for my brain to imagine eating a meal based on a picture vs a bunch of words.

It's also great for when I don't have time to log my meal but don't want to forget what I ate by the time I get a chance to go on MFP.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do this daily on an app I discovered in my app store on my phone,separate from myfitnesspal..its called youfood and I take pictures of any food I eat and post them on there as an extra weightloss tool so I can visually see what I'm eating and how much I'm eating. I also do this so I can see how often I eat or sometimes to answer questions I have like what did I eat that didn't make my stomach feel too well or what can I do to eat healthier if my meal looks really u healthy. I really encourage anyone to add me on there by the way.. my username is @jenbthin on there if anyone is interested?..
  • ashleyanne207
    ashleyanne207 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think my snap chat friends are getting tired off all the food pics I send lol! I take pictures of everything but since I've started eating healthier I always want to take pictures of my food because it looks so pretty lol. I usually do a collage of my favorites from the week and post them on instagram. It also helps me decide what I want to eat because I can look through pictures and find something that I really liked!
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes, food picture gallery, use the app: YouFood.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    I prefer recipes that have pictures, but when it comes to food I've prepared, I want a record of the numbers.
  • candyzlife
    candyzlife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am looking for snapchat friends that don't mind healthier eating food snaps!! :) username candy_muahaha
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I, also, use Instagram for pics.