NoSalt/NuSalt taste and potassium absorption?

I've been thinking of swapping in some NoSalt or NuSalt with some recipes, and was wondering about the experience of others in doing so. On a separate note, there's no reason one wouldn't absorb the potassium, right?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I don't know what NoSalt is. I generally omit salt and use Mrs. Dash to flavor. When I first switched, I hated it. Now, truly prefer seasonings to salt.

What are you talking about with potassium? Unless there is something wrong with you, No, you shouldn't have trouble absorbing potassium.
  • NoSalt and NuSalt are just a brand names salt substitutes that consists of ground potassium. I'm sure there are plenty of others that are basically the same thing put out by most seasoning companies. A teaspoon is 2600mg of potassium in the case of NoSalt. As far as I can tell, all of these potassium based salt substitutes are basically the same in terms of just being ground potassium, I was curious to learn from others experiences with them, in terms of whether any taste differently than others, and how they compare to actual salt. And whether you're likely to absorb it in that form.
  • Anybody?