Mental health & losing weight

I picked the category motivation & support because I want to provide that for you all.
Read this if you have at least one mental disorder that's getting in the way of your weight loss.

In the past 6 years I have studied physical health, fitness, nutrition, & mental health. I'm no pro but someday I'd like to be one.. a therapist at that. There are so many factors that play into losing weight while having a mental disorder. You got stress, lack of motivation, you become worrisome, addicted, & all sorts of feelings & actions. You have a disorder & it's holding you back from reaching your goals.

What I can do for you:
1. be that someone who'll listen & you can vent to
2. offer advice based upon results that have worked for me or someone else I know
3. help set up your macro, calorie, & nutrition goals
4. check up on you
5. be available as much as I can be

Again, I'm no pro, but I help people every day.. I feel like that's what I was born to do.
So feel free to add & message me!!

Replies

• 24Gordonfan
    24Gordonfan Posts: 64 Member
    Wow....that is super nice of you to offer your help and support like this. You must have a big heart.
  • That is very kind of you, to offer help people x
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Pretty detailed outline, I'm impressed.
  • thefoodaddict
    thefoodaddict Posts: 93 Member
    Thanks guys ♡ & yes, I have a huge heart. So many people have helped me out in humongous ways in the past & continue to do so, so I want to give back any way I can. It's my calling. What God wants me to do.
  • lcbourdo
    lcbourdo Posts: 15 Member
    Have just joined MFP, and am cruising around looking for support. I'd especially like a group for those of us dealing with mental health and weight loss. I love this thread, and will participate, but @thefoodaddict, have you thought about making this a group?
  • ddmusica
    ddmusica Posts: 50 Member
    This is amazing- I can't thank you enough for this post!
    I am struggling with depression quietly- everyone thinks I'm fine, but I'm not. It is a struggle every single day, but I smile through it, even though I am dying on the inside. 8 months ago, I decided to begin a healthy lifestyle in the hopes that this would go away- 40 lbs lighter and healthy as a horse- except for the depression. Still there. I just went to a dr about it today, and she gave me a prescription for Prozac. I don't want to become an unfocused zombie- I am afraid to take it.