NEEDED: fun exercises!

Options
HELP! I am in a rut and need new exciting activites for exercising. Right now I play vb one night a week and sb another night. They are awesome b/c they are not only fun but they burn a TON of calories as well. What other activities do you all find fun to do that would burn quite a few calories? I'm just not big on treadmills and stationary bikes. Please give me input!!!!!

Replies

• bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Treadmils are terrible xD

Running trails is really fun tho :D

I just got into yoga.... amazing!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to be the only one to say this guaranteed :) ZUMBA! or any dance workout actually :)
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i use the wii fit plus game and i like the areobics section there is hula hoop and its a work out it can be hard too and then there is boxing, the games are fun and you dont feel like you are working out but u burn a ton of calories
  • biceptor
    biceptor Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't know how available it is to you, but rock climbing is something that I have fallen in love with. Luckily I'm able to do it at the school I go to
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    sex is fun. its not listed under cardio, (i checked)
    i would think it burns alot of calories
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bad minton is fun, jumping on a trampoline is my favorite, and although i'm terrible at basketball sometimes it's fun to just play around (probably doesn't burn too many calories that way though) i've heard kickboxing and zumba are fun and burn a ton also
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    TurboJam and TurboFire! Love them!
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I second the wii fit and the dancing games as well, so much fun and you don't even realize that you are working out. I need to get the Zumba game!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!!!!!!! Best part of my day!
  • ShaunamsMar
    Options
    I've been loving Turbo Fire! It's a set of dvds, you can do it anytime in the privacy of your own home! You can buy them at beachbody.com, super fun music, it's cardio kickboxing with dance, super fun!! I did one video this morning at 530am before work, and I feel amazing! I've done P90x, insanity, running, Jillian workouts, and this is my favorite. Hope this helps!
  • californiagirl10
    Options
    I do ZUMBA which is AMAZING =), Other cardio DVD's that do with dancing, if you like to dance you will love ZUMBA, I am a HUGE fan of ZUMBA,=) I jog outside as well as inside, I swim, play racquet ball, do curves =) Lots of stuff =) GOOGLE exercises =)
  • pbjelly524
    Options
    I saw Zumba and Yoga mentioned and I have to agree with those!!! Also, swimming and rock climbing both burn a zon of calories and are super fun!! The gym we go to is a Rock Gym :) If there is a place like that around you I recommend giving it a try! Also, riding an actual bike is fun! Or hiking with friends. Good luck finding something!!
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Zumba....the only thing that I have found that I enjoy and not dread...lol
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    TurboJam and TurboFire! Love them!

I have been seeing this turbojam and turbo jam an awful lot on here! Tell me more about it!
  • kerenvaknin
    kerenvaknin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ballroom dancing!! :):):)

and Turbo fire!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I've been on an efficiency kick for awhile now. See what you think:

Look around and see what you are doing that you could do the hard way and would get some calorie burn. A big thing for me is my commute to work. Its 20 miles and takes a half hour to drive. It costs me about $8 per day at today's prices. I can't walk it, but by bicycle it takes about an hour and five (twice as long), I save $8, and burn 2,200 calories on the days I do it.

So the net cost is a hour of time each day I do it, and some Saudi king's profit margin. The net benefit is $8 savings, 2,200 calories expended, my monthly gym membership cost, and cutting into some Saudi king's profit margin.

I can't think of an exercise that anyone could do that would take an hour of their time per day and expend 2,200 calories.

But that's me. For others, if you could walk to work if your within an hour's walk, or bike ride if you are within an hour's ride. Or even an hours walk or ride to mass transportation; it's win/win. Save some money and produce additional benefits from your energy expenditure and exercise effort.
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    ok so what's the difference between turbo jam and turbo fire?
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ok so what's the difference between turbo jam and turbo fire?

I think this can answer your question best - it's a quick FAQ's with Chalene Johnson, the creator of TurboJam and TurboFire, and she explains the difference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz8DJy-YGIQ
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is INTENSE, much more than Turbo Jam. However, TJ is still hard, and I work up a sweat doing it. TF leaves me gasping for air and shaking like a leaf.

If cost is an issue, I'd try to find TJ on eBay or Amazon, I got mine used for $30 or something. Turbo Fire was over $100, if I remember correctly.