This is why I changed my life....

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
Although it’s great that I no longer have to shop at Lane Bryant and that I can fit more comfortably into chairs and all that other good stuff that goes with losing weight, this is a victory more important than all of those put together.

2010 2011

Cholesterol: 170 154

HDL (Good): 61.0 64.0

LDL (Bad): 80 76

Triglycerides: 144 71

My cholesterol dropped 16 points!! My good cholesterol went up, my bad cholesterol went down. The most impressive number by far is my triglycerides level. According to the America Heart Association “Triglycerides in plasma are derived from fats eaten in foods or made in the body from other energy sources like carbohydrates. Calories ingested in a meal and not used immediately by tissues are converted to triglycerides and transported to fat cells to be stored.” And I cut my triglycerides in half!!!! I’m living, breathing proof that exercise and eating better can improve your health. Next time I (and you!!!) get discouraged because the scale isn’t moving or because you’re still in a size 12 instead of a 10 remember that all the hard work you are doing is paying off in ways you can’t see but that your body will thank you for!!!!!

Replies

• Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    Great Job!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Super numbers. After a couple of months (week 3 now) I am going to get a blood work up myself. Very encouraging. Thanks for posting that.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Thanks for reminding us what's really important!! :)
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Wow! I will be finding out those numbers coming up here in May for my wellness screening for work. Hope I have as good of numbers as you do! Great job!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! In 2 months of working out and eating better, I was able to cut my blood pressure medication in half. I try to remind myself of that when I'm getting frustrated about the scale.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I think that's fantastic! What a great update!
  • mccdl34
    mccdl34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good job, and thank you for telling everyone about this. I had a similar experience. I changed my eating habits to lower my cholesterol so the doctor wouldn't put me on another pill. Losing weight was actually a side effect of eating better . My cholesterol dropped enough that I didn't need any medication for it. What you eat does make a difference!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Fantastic,thanks for sharing. You've done great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!