Alcohol drinks?

emmab852012
emmab852012 Posts: 82 Member
I normally don't drink a lot but I am wondering what everyone else drinks? I hear vodka is the "healthiest" but what do you normally mix it with for the lowest cal/best tasting?

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    I used to mix vodka with sparkling water and lots of ice. If I make room for the calories I will have a beer on occasion nowadays.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited October 2014
    I copied this from a different post by Jupejones

Some low-cal options

Cuba Libre: Shot of rum, Diet Coke, on the rocks, garnish with a lime wedge

Moscow Mule: Shot of vodka, diet Ginger Ale, fresh lime juice, all on the rocks

Paloma: Shot of tequilla, Fresca, fresh lime juice, all on the rocks

Scotch and Soda: Self-explanatory. The "soda" is just plain soda water.

White Wine: Go with something very dry. Five ounces will run about 100 calories.

Spritzer: Half dry white wine, half soda water. Half the calories, ounce-per-ounce! Add a few drops of orange or Angostura bitters for bonus points. Serve on the rocks, but still in a wine glass.

Shandy (aka Radler): Beer mixed with fizzy juice or soda. You might be able to buy some already made. Stiegl's Grapefruit Radler is starting to become available in the States, for example. It's super refreshing at about 90 calories a glass.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I like red wine and Fresca. Tastes like sangria to me.

Wine-a-rita
    Servings | 4

Ingredients

1 Crystal light Pink lemonade tub (or the equivalent in envelopes enough to make pitcher)(or 3/4 cup pink lemonade mix with sugar)
    Ice, to fill blender
    12 1/2 oz wine, approx. 1/2 of a 750 ml bottle of wine

Instructions

Place wine and lemonade mix in the blender. Fill blender with ice. Process until all ice chunks are gone. Serve in a chilled glass. Garnish with a lemon slice.

Special Notes

Very cool and refreshing! You can use any wine you like in this recipe. White or Red. Red is my favorite.

And for Fall try Frozen Mulled Wine. You can use sugar free apple cider mix.
    http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/09/frozen-mulled-wine.html
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    I drink wine and craft beers mostly. If I'm going to drink, it's going to be something that I enjoy, not something that's low-cal for the sake of saving calories. I'd rather have one beer or one glass of wine and enjoy it than 3 or 4 drinks that I dislike. If I want more than one drink, I'll mix some seltzer water with the wine to stretch it out. . . OR I'll just have another glass.
  • karynimrie
    karynimrie Posts: 13 Member
    I drink Skinny Girl Vodka with regular wated and lots of ice, lemon and lime (40 calories) its fantastic!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I drink gin and slimline tonic with lemon and lots of ice. I use a measure and it's 51 cals a drink. Have at weekends as when I drink wine I snack too much.