17 down, but I feel bigger.

Options
So far I've lost about 17 lbs, but I feel like I've gained instead of lost. Is that normal? I feel super self conscious of all my "curves" now, they seem to show through my clothes more than ever and it's very depressing. Add the fact that my pants are all falling off and I can't afford to buy more, I just feel like a big depressed slob. Is there anyway to get out of this rut??

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Gain the weight back
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Can you go to a second hand store and pick out some new clothes? I think your curves were hiding under all that fat. Nothing wrong with curves. I have a very small waist and a bigger butt. My waist is 10 inches smaller than my hips. It is what it is. Embrace it. Love your body and all that it does and all that it is. Set your own standard of beauty.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this as well. Actually, right now after dropping ~10 lbs I feel that my 'curves' are more noticeable too. However, I know that I am more conscious of my body shape/ profile now than before that weight loss.

I strongly suggest that you take progress pictures as it really does help put things into perspective.

Regarding the clothing situation. When I first dropped a large amount of weight, skirts were my best friend. You can take the waist in yourself as you drop weight. They are much more forgiving as you make this transition.

Good luck, and be kind to yourself.