Running/jogging three days a week

Options
:) I just started to run/ jog three days a week for 30-45 minutes . Is this enough exercise to burn fat ? I want to become lean I want abs . I was thinking of doing one day a week of core strength for 30 minutes .. Would that work ? Also I have ballet once a week for about an hour . My stats are : 5'2
96lbs
18 year old female

Replies

• Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    You are already at least 5lbs underweight, why on earth would you want to lose more? Would suggest you go speak to your Dr.
  • mo624
    mo624 Posts: 15
    Options
    I don't want to lose that much weight I want to work on becoming lean . I was asking how I should do that and if jogging 30 minutes three days a week would help with that . I was not asking for suggestions about anything that's has nothing to do with this .
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you're looking at body re-composition consider weight lifting along with running (in fact probably focus more on resistance training than the cardio unless your goal is cardiovascular fitness and becoming a runner (and I'm biased....I'm a runner)

Don't worry about bulking up, most women who lift get that lean defined look (unless you're lifting 8 hrs a day and taking steroids)
  • mo624
    mo624 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you . Now what weight lifting program should I try ? And yeah I'm actually a sprinter