10 lbs in 4 weeks?

Options
Is it possible to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks. I am 5 1 and weigh 135 right now. I want to lose 10 for my daughters birthday party which is when I see all my family and friends next. I currently eat 1000 cals and workout at least 5-6 days a week. I usually run outside but daycare is hard to get! I just recently started lifting weights too.

I've been at a stand still for like a year and just started losing weight (5 lbs in 2 months).

So, is it possible if I workout everyday and watch what I eat to lose the 10 lbs?

Then my next goal would be my last 10 lbs my July 12th. My anniversay- I want to prove to my husband that I can do it even without his support!

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    COnsidering you are already within a healthy weight for your height it is going to be extremely difficult to lose 10lbs in 4 weeks.

Also You really should be eating more than 1000 calories a day, you should be eating 1200 at least and eating your exercise calories back. Otherwise prepare for the scale to be at a standstill.

I find it sad that your husband doesn't support you. 5'1 135lbs is hardly fat.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Realistic weight loss for anyone is 1-2 pounds. More than that is often unhealthy and can result in muscle loss. Also, 1000 calories may not be enough for you. You might try eating just a little bit more and definitely make sure you are eating your exercise calories.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    1 are you sure that 10lbs is fat and not lean mass?
    2 you do not weigh that much so you will loose slower.
    3 You are not eating enough.
    4 10lbs in 4 weeks is a little fast. That would be 2.5lbs a week and is not recommended.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    To be honest that sounds like a lot and if you are eating that little and working out you might not see results. It doesnt sound healthy. Why dont you try a more toning program? Try to increase your strength/ lean muscle.
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i don't know about the 1,000 calories per day. are you netting 1,000 or eating 1,000 total with the exercise? everything i've read has said you need to net at least 1200 calories over what you burn with exercise, or your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything it can.

i've followed the program (netting 1,200) and exercised 6 days a week, and i've lost just over 6 pounds in 4 weeks, but i've gained a lot of muscle (which weighs more than fat) and lost inches as well.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    Is it possible to lose 10 lbs in 4 weeks. I am 5 1 and weigh 135 right now. I want to lose 10 for my daughters birthday party which is when I see all my family and friends next. I currently eat 1000 cals and workout at least 5-6 days a week. I usually run outside but daycare is hard to get! I just recently started lifting weights too.

I've been at a stand still for like a year and just started losing weight (5 lbs in 2 months).

So, is it possible if I workout everyday and watch what I eat to lose the 10 lbs?

Then my next goal would be my last 10 lbs my July 12th. My anniversay- I want to prove to my husband that I can do it even without his support!
    1st, what does your husband not support? Does he think you don't need to loss weight, or that you can't? If it is the former, then he is right. I bet you look hot! You are bing to restrictive and your metabolism is probably going into starvation mode. EAT MORE CALORIES!! If it is the latter, then he is an *kitten*.
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I should think so - I am 4'11" and have dropped 18lbs since mid Feb, through diet and exercise! Good luck - add me if you like for a bit of shorty support!!! x
  • djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    Unless you extermely starve yourself (which I don't recomment) you could do it but realistically you can lose 4-6lbs in a month by sticking to 1200 cals and high intensity cardio.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    If it's taken you 2 months to loose 5 lbs, 10lbs in 4 weeks isn't too realistic.

So, what if you do it the unhealthy way and see your family members 10 lbs lighter? You'll most likely gain it all back (and then some). Why not do it the healthy way and keep it off? You might not reach your goal this time you see them, but maybe by the next time you see them you'll be even fitter!
  • donpadil
    donpadil Posts: 1
    Options
    Truth be told, yes it is possible... and still keep muscle mass. You want to be at about 1000 which is where you are but drop fruits breads and white processed sugar. Eat veggies that are pulled from the ground, drink at least 64 oz of water and eat lean meat or lean protein
  • cmcqb
    cmcqb Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i don't know about the 1,000 calories per day. are you netting 1,000 or eating 1,000 total with the exercise? everything i've read has said you need to net at least 1200 calories over what you burn with exercise, or your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to everything it can.

i've followed the program (netting 1,200) and exercised 6 days a week, and i've lost just over 6 pounds in 4 weeks, but i've gained a lot of muscle (which weighs more than fat) and lost inches as well.

What do you mean netting 1000 calories per day? This is confusing to me. Can you give me an example or directions. Maybe I am doing this wrong.
    I too want to lose 10-15 lbs in 4 weeks, then 10 more and then another 10. My goal is to drop the 40 I put on over the last 2 years. I am 5'1" and 53.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options

What do you mean netting 1000 calories per day? This is confusing to me. Can you give me an example or directions. Maybe I am doing this wrong.
    I too want to lose 10-15 lbs in 4 weeks, then 10 more and then another 10. My goal is to drop the 40 I put on over the last 2 years. I am 5'1" and 53.

they are referring to exercise calories. lets say your goal is 1200 calories, and then you workout and burn 300, you will eat those 300 so you NET 1200....and not 900
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options

i mean if you do no exercise, you should eat 1,200 calories per day. if you exercise and burn 300 calories, you need to eat back those 300 AND eat 1,200 for a total of 1,500 calories that day. if you burn 500 calories in a day, you need to eat those back AND eat the standard 1,200 for a total of 1,700 that day.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 1000 cals a day. But I do eat back my exercise cals. I only dropped it to 1000 cals because when i was eating 1200 I wasn't losing anything at all. Im serious when I say i was at a stand still for a year. I admit I didn't log everything for that year but I do eat pretty good. Not saying that I don't like my chocolate every now and then!

I drink plenty of water. Other than coffee or tea in the morning, water is all I drink.

My husband doesn't support me in the fact that he thinks I should weigh less. It has taken me way too long to lose this pregnancy weight. I wasn't just sitting on the couch eating. I worked full time, went to school full time and even coached volleyball with my first one.

I want to lose 20 lbs by the end of June/beginning of July. That's my personal goal.

I look at my self in the mirror and still see the fat girl even though I know Iost weight
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    I allow myself 1000 cals a day. But I do eat back my exercise cals. I only dropped it to 1000 cals because when i was eating 1200 I wasn't losing anything at all. Im serious when I say i was at a stand still for a year. I admit I didn't log everything for that year but I do eat pretty good. Not saying that I don't like my chocolate every now and then!

I drink plenty of water. Other than coffee or tea in the morning, water is all I drink.

My husband doesn't support me in the fact that he thinks I should weigh less. It has taken me way too long to lose this pregnancy weight. I wasn't just sitting on the couch eating. I worked full time, went to school full time and even coached volleyball with my first one.

I want to lose 20 lbs by the end of June/beginning of July. That's my personal goal.

I look at my self in the mirror and still see the fat girl even though I know Iost weight

Alot of the way you see yourself is because of your husbands attitude about your weight. Does he know how many men would love to have a wife that is 5'1 135lbs?? My god. He is taking you granted honey. I say you try to lose the 10lbs, and then lose the other 200 (him). I know easier said than done.

i'm sorry he isn't supporting you, I dont think men like this realize they are doing more damage than good by making you THINK you are bigger than you are.

You are tiny. You must know that.

Anyways I was doing 1200 calories a day and lost a lot of weight that way, but now that I weigh less I bumped it up to 1400 a day plus I eat my exercise calories so about 1700 and it seems to be working for me.

Eat more, not less. I know it sounds weird but your body now needs more fuel to run.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    wow, i'd focus on dealing with that quite unsupportive and well, jerky husband before I'd focus on losing so much weight in a short period of time when you are already within a healthy weight range for your height. This post makes me so sad on so many levels.
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So a couple of people said that I am in a healthy weight range. What is that exactly? Because when I find BMI calculators on the web they are all saying that Im still overweight. But if I get down to about 115-120 it will be healthy. I also just went to the doctor and it said my BMI was 26. 4.

I also know that I have started to get leaner. I like to run and when I do it's my time away from everything so I tend to go for at least an hour (3 times a week).
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I won't say impossibel but I will say very hard and not recommended.
    The 1000 cal a day is telling your body your not getting enough and therefore your body is holding on to everything it gets.
    Try upping to 1200 and making really wise choices with those 1200cal.

BTW- I'm 5'2" and 140, and have 2 little ones, so I completely understand where you're coming from!
  • melandcurt
    Options
    How much does your husband weigh? I think you should lose just about that much.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    So a couple of people said that I am in a healthy weight range. What is that exactly? Because when I find BMI calculators on the web they are all saying that Im still overweight. But if I get down to about 115-120 it will be healthy. I also just went to the doctor and it said my BMI was 26. 4.

I also know that I have started to get leaner. I like to run and when I do it's my time away from everything so I tend to go for at least an hour (3 times a week).

You are very active, so 135lbs is NOT overweight for you....because you probably have a high lean body mass. For example

I am 5'2 139 lbs. According to the BMI calculators I am overweight, according the body fat test I had taken at the gym I have 19.2 % body fat.

BMI calculators have no idea how muscular you are. There is a big difference between 135 and muscular and 135 and overweight.