After-dinner munchies - HELP!

Options
I am very good with my eating during the day, but after dinner the gloves come off! I will have 3 string cheese sticks, cereal, plus 4 pieces of bread with butter! I usually eat dinner around 5:30, and have some popcorn around 7. I tell myself the popcorn is my last food of the day, but as it gets closer to bedtime, I am going back and forth from my bedroom to the kitchen every 5 minutes! I will eat up until I turn the lights out to go to sleep. Any suggestions for keeping the popcorn my last food of the day? I hate that I am so good during the day, but sabotage myself after dinner :-(

Replies

• kcdannelley
    Options
    Go for a walk after dinner. Brush your teeth. Pop some tic-taks! Find a hobby that keeps your hands busy. At night I like to work on crafty projects while I watch tv.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Can you plan your calories so that you have some left for an evening snack?

I usually save half or more of my daily cals for evening meal and snack afterwards, it's not something everyone would like to do, but works for me. There's no hard and fast rule about dividing up your cals or what time you should have them.
  • aripak
    aripak Posts: 33
    Options
    I've found that if I eat less starchy food at dinner l don't get many cravings. I also add in after dinner snack calories at the beginning of the day so I know I have some room at night. If you're not actually hungry than I've found intermittent fasting to really help me with night binging. The opposite of what I thought! I eat between an 8-10 hour window (usually start eating 10-11am and stop eating at 6-7pm). It's had an amazing impact on me psychologically. The kitchen is closed!! Good luck! You will figure out what works for you.