NSV or NSF

Options
I finally went to buy some new jeans since the few pairs I own are practically falling off of me now. I tried on a pair 2 sizes smaller, they fit perfectly in the waist but were so tight on my thighs I couldnt move. I went up one more size (still one size smaller than my old size), and they fit my thighs, but there is a huge gap in the waist band!

Finally after going through dozens of brands and sizes, I found a couple pairs that seemed to work. I've just never had this problem before, usually jeans are too tight everywhere if they don't fit. Hmmm...is it possible I've done TOO many squats...nah no such thing :)

But is this a non scale victory or a non scale failure...I can't decide.

Replies

• kespinoza2013
    kespinoza2013 Posts: 17 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Reducing inches anywhere is a non scale victory! I have the exact same problem with pants, almost a non existent waist and huge thighs so I get that awkward gap in the back! I on tine to lose inches in my waist, and my thighs seem to be going nowhere lol!
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ha ha! I feel the same at the moment - I'm in a newer pair of trousers which are a little loose round the waist but I feel a bit like Bruce Banner on a slightly vexed day as far as the thighs are concerned :D It's definitely a victory!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Def an NSV!
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I blame the current skinny jean fad. I really thought losing weight would make clothes shopping easier, but that hasn't been the case :\
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but I have found the perfect pair of skinny jeans - they are high waisted with stretchy denim, so fit lovely on the waist, and also fit comfortably on the thighs. Means I can get into a smaller size, which look and fit great. Look out for something similar and give them a try :)
  • rhina23
    rhina23 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Victory! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!