how fast did you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I am starting at 143lbs/65kg

Kate, your ticker says you have 18 pounds to lose. That's not much, so you want to set your goals to lose .5 pounds a week, which is approximately 2 pounds a month, which should take you to about June or thereabouts. That's nice and slow and sustainable.
  • chicacherry666
    Options
    I started at 53 kg/117 lbs but in the past three months lost 6 kgs/ 13lbs.
    I started out kind of skinny fat btw I'm 18 and am 5'3"/ 163 cm but have a small frame.
    I am now 47kg/104 lbs :smile:
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am just wondering how long it will take to lose some weight?
    I know it is usually a bit in the beginning and slows as time goes by? is this true?
    I would to hear how much people lost initially and how long it took?
    I got very spoiled my first month. I lost about 21 pounds.
    OH BOY, I said. At that rate, I could lose all the weight in 5 months...just in time for summer.....
    ...but that's not what happened.
    :o
    No, I had to settle into a 1 pound per week weight loss which was great, but it took 2 years to lose about 90 pounds. I have kept it off 3 years now.
    You don't have as much weight to lose, so take it easy and maybe considfer a half pound per week lost.
    You could lose faster, but the key for me were those who always gained back their lost weight. It usually followed some form of fast weight loss.
    Think 1 pound or a half pound per week, enjoy the journey and you'll reach both your weight loss goal as well as your weight maintenance goals thereafter.
    Good Luck
    <3
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17kg /37.4 lbs in 198 days (7 Months). a loss of about half a kilo, or 1 pound a week. I weigh in weekly and in that time I have only weigh in twice where I had not lost any weight that week.

I am 5'3'' and I have been eating 1500 cal to loose that weight. Still got 4kg / 8 lbs to loosed to get into my healthy weight zone. Will prob be there by the end of the year.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I started with MFP set to lose 1.5 lbs a week. A year and I half later I am at 1 lb per week with about another 10 or 15 to lose. I plan on moving it back to 0.5 lb in after I lose another 5 lbs. I started back in August of 2013. When I really stick within my calories I find that I usually can hit that goal weight loss in a week. However vacations, events, and stalls happen so there are weeks that I have been set back. Since August 2013 I have lost 41 lbs and I am 5'1.
  • Twinkie2530
    Twinkie2530 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I only want to lose 15 more pounds. It took me 4 weeks just about to lose 5 pounds. I am more concerned with building muscle and replacing my fat weight with muscle weight.
  • shadowjack1965
    shadowjack1965 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering how long it will take to lose some weight?
    I know it is usually a bit in the beginning and slows as time goes by? is this true?
    I would to hear how much people lost initially and how long it took?
    I'm at 60 lbs in four months so about 15 lbs per month which isn't bad.

• WildOkapi
    Options
    I started my diet change/exercise regiment May 15, and check in the 15th of each month.

May-June: Started at 197, lost 18.8 lbs (mostly water weight, as others have mentioned)
    June-July: Lost 8.8 lbs
    July-August: Lost 10.4 lbs
    August-September: Lost 8.6 lbs
    September-October: Stalled just before October. Changed to the IIFYM recommendations the 9th of October. Only lost 6.4 lbs by the 15th. Now: 144 lbs. :/