Thigh Measurements

Options
In the recent weight I've lost, I have successfully lost inches in my arms, bust, waist, hips, butt, and even my calves. But my thighs are still the exact same. My shirts have gone from an L to an XS and my calves fit into the rain-boots that used to be to slim for me to wear - but my thighs are the exact same. Has anyone else had a similar problem? The only exercise I've been doing is cardio, so I don't think it is muscle bulk.

Replies

• Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I thought it was because I carry most of my weight in my stomach and breasts, and I don't have much of a problem with my lower half, small butt, small legs. So when I lost weight, I lost it where most of the fat was.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Yep, similar situation. I have very large thighs and a big bum too and it's sadly not possible to spot reduce.

I'm a UK size 10-12 on top and 14-16 on the bottom. My waist is 28.5 inches and my
    hips 45!!

I think just sticking with it in the long term is the way to go, it'll be the last place to come off, but it will come off eventually. Eventually, haha.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just keep at it, it gets better
  • Hikarika
    Hikarika Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one in this boat! I think if I just keep at it, eventually something's gotta change. Right now my dress size is 4 sizes smaller than my pant size.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Start lifting
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Same here - when I take my measurements, I'll be down an inch in my waist and/or two inches from my hips but a quarter inch off my thighs.... Sigh! It will definitely be the last to go for me.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You might just have muscular thighs. It's a lot harder to break down muscle than it is to burn fat. My thighs are very muscular from years of dance and even when I was at a sickly weight a few years back, they were still comparatively large for my frame.