How to enter my own recipe in my recipe book

Options
femmaggie
femmaggie Posts: 14 Member
Can someone please tell me how to enter and save my own recipe. I use to know how to do this, but it looks like there was an update and now i can't seem to do it. Your help is greatly appriciated.

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Am having same problem totally frustrated with updated system. Hope someone can help us
  • sablair681
    sablair681 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been frustrated with this, as well!!! Please allow us to put in a recipe. The importer of the ingredients is not helpful at all. I really want to be able to figure out the calories and nutrition of my recipes.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Use the old way. Scroll down a bit. It's on the right side.
  • GT_Fitness
    Options
    My fitness pal is going to lose many many people if they don't get their act together soon. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    OMG, sorry. Now that is gone ! Uh oh. Not happy. Don't they see complaints about the current way to post recipes ? Might have to send a message to them if no one responds here with help.
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Trying to add a recipe also and getting very frustrated!!! Hope they fix this soon!! It was way easier the way it was before and you could search for ingredients the same as you do for any other food!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    In the feedback thread for this topic somebody posted a link to the old builder.
    myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator still works.
    Really frustrated that they broke this so seriously. You cannot even save a recipe once you go through all the steps with the new broken builder, and you can't edit and save recipes that you already created.
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    I have found the iPhone app more user friendly than the full version, when it comes to entering and editing recipes. It still picks the wrong things; but you can edit and save. FYI
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    barneygood wrote: »
    In the feedback thread for this topic somebody posted a link to the old builder.
    Really frustrated that they broke this so seriously. You cannot even save a recipe once you go through all the steps with the new broken builder, and you can't edit and save recipes that you already created.

I tried this and was able to add my recipe!! YAY!!! Now hopefully MFP will either fix it or put it back how it was!!!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    barneygood wrote: »
    Thank you x a billion for posting this link. I was about to go seriously aggro without being able to know the calories in the soup I made!

• dvdlover
    dvdlover Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    all you do is hit foods and recipes are in task bar its very easy n better