Weight loss

Options
How long will it take me to get skinny if I make a calorie deficit of 1000 calories a day. I weigh 143 pounds currently and my goal weight is 120. I'm 5'8

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Five months, twenty days.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    AGAIN, you're a male and at a good weight. Having a 1000 calorie deficit a day is ridiculous with your stats.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. 3500 calories = 1 pound lost so with a 7000 cal deficit you should be around 2 per week. Happy to help however I can. Feel free to add me if you want. ankdworak
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ankdworak wrote: »
    Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. 3500 calories = 1 pound lost so with a 7000 cal deficit you should be around 2 per week. Happy to help however I can. Feel free to add me if you want. ankdworak

At his size, 2 pounds is way too aggressive a goal.

OP, if you REALLY want to lose weight, though it doesn't sound like you need to (plus your goal puts you into underweight), go for a 250 calorie deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Seriously, you're telling a young boy with not that much to lose, that having a 7000 calorie deficit is okay???
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Um, my son is 18 and an inch taller than you and 7 lbs heavier and he is just skin, muscle and bones. I would seriously consider not focussing on weight loss and focus on strengthing your body and building up some muscle mass. IMO you do not need to lose any weight ... I hope you rec
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    Continued; I hope you reconsider your goals. Take care
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

You should really utilize some context from the OP before replying. While your information is factually correct, it is also dangerous for this specific case. What are you thinking?
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options

You should really utilize some context from the OP before replying. While your information is factually correct, it is also dangerous for this specific case. What are you thinking?

^^^^^^^ THIS
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^Agreed with the above.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want to drop down to 120 lbs. as an 18 year old male?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

This…

and I'm just gonna leave this right here…

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

Not saying you have one OP, but you're at a healthy weight. You may need to just start lifting heavy. I'd seriously look into talking to someone though.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Please seek help, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with getting to a low weight, regardless of the consequences.
  • blackcrossknight
    blackcrossknight Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'7 female, and 120 is a pound above the 'bottom line healthy of 119' for a woman of my size. For a male who is an inch taller than I am, what you're aiming for probably isn't good for you.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I'm going to like 4th or 5th this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    lol