Food addiction.

Options
I seriously have a problem. I resort to food for everything. I use to smoke and since I have quit it's been terrible when I get stressed. I constantly think about food. I wake up and think about what to make for dinner. It's bad

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to divert your mind somehow. I quit smoking in July of this year and vowed not to gain. I pre-log every morning and this makes it much easier for me to stick to.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is just filling my days up with activities. If I'm busy doing something I don't have time to even think about over-eating.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Definitely try to stay as busy as you can. Sometimes it gets so bad for me I'll be in a movie theater looking at food IG's lol. Food is constantly on my mind...key is staying distracted so your mind stays clear.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    This was me ... for 20 years, until I started eating low carb, cut out all the sugar, potatoes, pasta, bread and rice from my diet. Hate all you want, but it's the only thing that's EVER worked.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I plan my day ahead to prevent over-eating. Always works for me. I need structure.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree, cutting processed simple carbs such as sugar and flour from my diet have helped tremendously with cravings for me too.

Maybe you could try and replace the habit- like every time you have a craving reach for a bottle of water or gum?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    when I get stressed I have to remind myself I can get thru this without food. I think being aware is the most of it. I have to feel my feelings and work thru stuff now. It was easier to eat believe me but it is a lot better to problem solve and feel your feelings, do what you need to do, stand up for yourself, care about yourself.