ruining my diet on the weekend

Options
hi
I am a really great eater from Monday to Thursday with a lot of exercise, yet I work over the weekend and don't have time to exercise yet I really let go of what I eat on the weekend
does this happen to anyone else? how can I stick to it 7 days

Replies

• myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Plan what you will eat - if you're going to have a big dinner or extra calories from alcohol, plan to have a lighter lunch/breakfast to save calories. It's OK to go a bit over your calories so long as you balance it out earlier in the week but try to minimise how much you go over by.

Personally I sometimes just avoid breakfast at the weekend. I get up later in the morning so can wait til lunch. Or at least wait and have breakfast mid-morning meaning I don't need a snack before lunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're not alone, lol. I basically ruin it every week end. My suggestion is to try to eat less during the week to make up for it.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I had the hardest time with that as well. In July I joined a facebook fitness and nutrition accountability group that has helped me stay motivated and since mid July I have lost about 25 pounds. Feel free to to friend me if you are interested in more information. ankdworak
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You have to "Just do it". Try pre-logging your day's in the morning.
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking about the weekend as a freebie. Just thin of it as any other day of the week.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Plan your meals? Pack lunch/dinner so you don't have to think about it?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Some deal with this by having a larger deficit on the weekdays so they can add some extra calories at the weekend. Or just allow 1 day at the weekend where you go a little crazy, within reason, and stick to it the rest of the week. Often, going nuts at the weekend is as a result of being too rigid during the week then just totally relaxing control when the weekend comes as the weekend is often associated with letting go of all the week's worries etc.
  • crowleynm
    Options
    Weekends are tough, no doubt about it. But I concur with those who recommend treating the weekend just like the rest of the week. Try to muster the discipline to find sensible food options and, if you really want to let loose, just do so in moderation.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    A good tip is to fill your weekend with activities and tasks. If you are busy you will be less likely to think about food and will not have the time either.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Plan what you are going to eat on the weekend and bring your meals to work. My workplace was full of enticements. People brought in leftovers including desserts and candy, we had a cafeteria on site, there were vending machines everywhere including several right across the hall. Plus the stressful environment made you hungry so you ate.

If you have a fridge and a microwave at work you can even buy yourself some frozen entrees to take/keep at work. Or make your own entrees and freeze them and then heat them up at work. Dinner leftovers can make great lunches. If you eat breakfast at work you can have instant oatmeal or make overnight refrigerator oats and take them in with you. You can make "salad in a jar" and take that in. Take healthy snacks to work with you. If you have hot water you can make instant miso soup to sip on. You can take cans of soup to work and heat them up.

Just because you can't do your usual exercise routine doesn't mean you can't exercise at all. Go for a 15 minute walk. It only burns 50 calories but that's half a snack!