Need friends and support to get back on track

Options
Hi All,

I've been on MFP since last summer. However, last September I took a really bad fall and somehow managed to break my left leg and right foot in the process. I was off my feet for about 3 months, and when I returned to work, I still had a walking boot on my left leg until spring 2014. Last month I completed care with my orthopedic surgeon with my leg at 90% which, considering how slow my healing process was, I was very happy to have gotten that close to full recovery. I'm cleared to work out, low impact, and go about my life with instructions to eat better and take vitamins. I wasn't in the best of shape when this all started so i plan to take the advice i was given seriously.

That being said, I put back on alot of the weight i had originally lost so that's disappointing.

I'm looking for new friends and support to get back on track and move forward with my original goals. I'm basically starting over in my journey. Alot of my original friends appear to no longer use MFP so I'm reaching out in hopes of getting to know new people people and getting any advice or motivation offered to help keep me focused and making smart choices.

So, if you're up for it, please comment with positive thoughts, success stories, motivators, and/or advice for someone who's been struggling with her weight since high school but refusing to let that keep changes from happening.

Thank you!

Replies

• christine_inPA
    christine_inPA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can't post a lot now, but I too have struggled all my life and am finally figuring it out. I too would love the support!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! Sorry to hear about your injuries...but that's great you're ready to get back on track. I'm currently trying as well, and have about 30 more pounds to lose until I reach my goal and would love more support as well...you can do this!
  • angela9887
    angela9887 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm going through something similar except that it was due to unemployment. I'm trying to find that motivation to get everything started again and now i feel more lost than ever. i'm going to try to take it one step at a time and hopefully make it to the gym tomorrow and avoid fast food. Good luck to you!!!! Please feel free to add me.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty disappointing, but great news that you have almost fully recovered! Good for you for getting back on the horse. We can't control what happens to us, but we can control how we react to it. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am pretty active and like to help motivate my MFP friends!
  • hoffmann_maddy
    hoffmann_maddy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Love MFP! Everyone's always so supportive and friendly :)