Feeling down - need some support

Options
Well, my first 2 weeks on MFP - I lost 5 lbs and could actually feel this loss in my body - I felt lighter and walking wasn't such a chore. This last week, although I logged every day (until yesterday), I went over my daily calories every single day. Yesterday, for the 1st time in 3 weeks, I didn't log, and today, I haven't either. I feel like poop!

I cannot handle failing again. I WILL NOT fail again! I just don't want to get into the cycle... again... of trying, losing a few, then failing and putting more back on, then trying again. I'm SO exhausted of it! I know I'm going to have bad days.

And that is exactly why I'm posting here. I have had a bad few days recently and as I type this, I'm realizing, I cannot and will not give up on myself! OK, I've had a few bad days. That doesn't make me a failure, right? I've spent too many years looking at my failures and allowing them to define me. NO MORE!

So, since I still have dinner to eat, I will eat a healthy dinner, then begin again tomorrow morning with a weigh in (ugh) and start Day 1 of my logging streak and taking really good care of myself. Because I deserve it.

OK - apparently, typing all that out really helped. Really welcome any feedback or support, though.

:smile:

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    IMO success isn't measured in how many pounds you lose, but by how you handle having a "bad" food day.

Don't give up on yourself.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Don't let a bad day or two (or three :smile: ) stop your hard work. Bad days don't make you a failure, they make you human. We all have bad days, you just need to brush it off and get back at it again.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The only way you can fail is to quit. Log the good days, log the bad days, always always ALWAYS try again with the very next meal!

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Every single day is a new beginning. Never forget that. Consider only weighing in only once week.
    Progress=motivation.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Best wishes
  • christine_inPA
    christine_inPA Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon, not a race. Some days will be much better than others. You only fail if you give up. So don't.
  • troublemaker47
    Options
    Hi! I have been here for several weeks. When I first got involved with friends etc I gained 5 pounds. It has taken me all this time to work it off. I am finally down one half pound from where I started. I refuse to give up. I have days where I am really down about it but then I say again I refuse to give up. Today I tried to jog and can. When I started I could not jog but now I can jog long enough to begin training from the Couch to 5K so I can learn to run. You just have to get involved with others and get your stubborn up. I have numerous friends here who encourage me and I hope I encourage them. I would be happy to be your friend just send me the request. We all have our bad days!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When you fall down, you have to just get back up, dust yourself off and drive on. Today's battle may have been lost, but the war is not over. It never is. Give your tomorrow's self something to thank you for today, such has determining to stay in the fight.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Log every bite, every meal, every day. That is what works.
    You have had success. You will have more success.
  • FeelinTheLove
    Options
    Wow! What an outpouring of support! Thank you all so much! I'm back in! I am NOT giving up on me! I deserve to treat myself well and that means taking danged good care of myself. I won't give up on me!!! Thanks again MFP friends! :smiley: