Couch to 5k.

Options
I'm on day 3 of week one. Well really I completed that this afternoon. Is anyone else towards the beginning of C25K? I'd love to have some friends learning how to run with me.

Replies

• Tiundra
    Tiundra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I really want to run a 5k....or if I'll even be capable due to m arthritis and lack of cartledge in my knees. But, I'm on the road to being in the shape to be able to do it.
  • NewMeowLean
    Options
    Starting week 2 day 1 tomorrow :)
  • REDUX_o01
    Options
    Initially, the only reason why I started to do Couch-to-5k was to stop being outrunned by my 4-years old kid. XD Now that that's done, might as well keep going until I hit 5k. :)
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Tiundra wrote: »
    I don't know if I really want to run a 5k....or if I'll even be capable due to m arthritis and lack of cartledge in my knees. But, I'm on the road to being in the shape to be able to do it.

I don't have any plans on running an actual race. I'm with you. I just want to be in shape. I've been walking for almost 2 hours on the days I pick my son up from Kindergarten. I'm trying to burn at least as many calories. With out spending my whole afternoon at the park. I'm hoping this will be a good way to do it. :smiley:
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5....although I had a real bad week last week... should have been week 5 last week but since I was out of town I'm starting over this week. I have slightly modified it though. I don't ever do less than 30mins of walk/jog. Even when it was only a 2min jog and 5min walk I would do it 20 min walk 8 min jog 5 min cool down. Now I'm up to almost 1 hour.... still walking and jogging though and some days I don't have it in me so I just walk the entire time and I try again the next day.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    REDUX_o01 wrote: »
    Initially, the only reason why I started to do Couch-to-5k was to stop being outrunned by my 4-years old kid. XD Now that that's done, might as well keep going until I hit 5k. :)

Lol. I've been running while pushing my 2 kids in a stroller. Sometimes the 5 year old gets out to run with me. It makes my life so much easier. That's about 50 less pounds to push. :smile:
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing an actual C25k program, but I am doing something similar. It's just something I came up with after talking to my son's cross country coach. He seemed to think it was reasonable, so I decided to go with it. I started 3 weeks ago.
  • danieb462
    Options
    ilibc wrote: »
    Starting week 2 day 1 tomorrow :)
    me too! i found that it wasn't as hard as I thought. Loving the endurance that I've gained so far. I do it every day even though they say 3 times a week. I just repeat the last day. Realized last night that I'm covering more distance than when I first started. Idk if I actually plan to run a 5k though
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Im at week 5 but a slow runner/jogger...definitely still consider myself a beginner and working on endurance rather than speed. I only want to run one 5k a year.... Hot Chocolate run.... because...well.... its in November and you get hot chocolate afterwards and looks like fun and yummy.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I did this. It worked. I found out I can run. Today for instance hubs saw some chick running holding two water bottles and not even breaking a sweat.

He asked "Can you do that?" and then proceeded to tell me to "stahp lying" when I said ...

"Matter of fact, I can. We just watched her run for 5 seconds and I know I can run for 30 but then I'd have to walk for like 90, but then I can run for another 30...and yeah, I wouldn't break a sweat either. "

Him: [blank stare] "stahp lying".

So yeah, it's cool to know you can run if you need to and I know how you feel about "just starting out". Wondering if I have to start over from square one now that I'm out of practice from a summer spent swimming?
  • kay_nicole03
    kay_nicole03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first run this afternoon after work :smile:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    There is a great group for that:

Couch to 5k Group
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I just did week 3 Day 2 this morning :)
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I've completed 7 weeks of C25K. The most recent week included jogging for 25 minutes at a time. 7 weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought I would be able to do it. Next up, 28 minutes at a time! :)
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I finished week nine last Friday. When I finished that last day I was so shocked that the nine weeks were up it had not felt like nine weeks don't get me wrong there was so hard times but I am so happy I did it.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3...again... I took a couple weeks off so I will have to redo that week, maybe even go back to week 2.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Forest91 wrote: »
    I finished week nine last Friday. When I finished that last day I was so shocked that the nine weeks were up it had not felt like nine weeks don't get me wrong there was so hard times but I am so happy I did it.

Do you plan to run a 5k now that you've completed the program?