No more spin... now what?

Options
I have changed gyms. The one I joined is better, except they have no spin classes (no classes at all actually). I do more wieght stuff here, but my cardio is def suffering.
I try tp make the elliptical and the exercise bike like a spin class, but i am not getting that kick my own a** feeling i get at a spin class...

Any ideas?

Replies

• sabes2631
    Options
    I have changed gyms. The one I joined is better, except they have no spin classes (no classes at all actually). I do more wieght stuff here, but my cardio is def suffering.
    I try tp make the elliptical and the exercise bike like a spin class, but i am not getting that kick my own a** feeling i get at a spin class...

Any ideas?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Ummm, work harder on the equipment they do have? You control how hard you work on the equipment, so up the intensity of your work-out yourself. Or take some other group class offered.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Do you have a YMCA in your area? Sometimes they offer a deal where you can pay to take particular classes.
    Sometimes I get tired of the class at my gym so I sneak into the classes at the local college. :tongue:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Do you have someone at the gym who you can complete against? One of my friends in college and I did this. We couldn't fit classes around our work and school so we would compete against each other on the elliptical machines. We were about even with our level of fitness and when she was slacking I was pushing and vice versa. We always made it so whoever did better for the day (which can be measured in different ways, but we measured calories since we weighed about the same) was rewarded somehow. It made it more interesting.
  • mimielle
    mimielle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Why don't you check out this article for a suggested spin workout.

http://www.bicycling.com/article/0,6610,s1-4-20-13288-1,00.html

You can also search the bicycling.com website for more indoor riding workouts.

Or for easy interval training, make a playlist with alternating fast and slow songs where you match effort to the beat of the music, with slower music for a warm up and cool down.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What classes do they offer at your new gym?
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Every two minutes change the speed , resistance or height or pick a few and change it.

Make yourself push for the full 2 minutes!!

If you don't have the "kick your bu tt" feel...hike up the resistance more. You should be able to feel the change.

I actually miss having a stair climber around. I used to "RUN" up that thing for a minute and then turn it down for a minute and "WALK". Try that for 30 minutes!! Talk about cardio!! I miss my gym. :o(