I've lost nearly 30 pounds and can't see it...

Options
Hi everyone! I decided to take pics today to compare to my starting weight because I've come so close to losing 30 pounds, but... I just can't see much difference. :(

How do you deal with that? It almost feels like there is no point if I'm never going to look any different (even though I know that's not true).

Replies

• Terrytriesharder
    Terrytriesharder Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am down 100 and look the same, you have to just be happy with the differences in strength endurance etc. In time the other will come too, don't worry.
  • valeriekperkins
    valeriekperkins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I've lost weight in the past and then I gained it back and I couldn't tell I gained it back! I was eating the same and everything, I don't know how it even happened and I still look the same.

I dealt with it by taking pictures because thats the only way you will see the difference.
  • alexknyde
    alexknyde Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yeah... it just seems like such a shame. I want to be all excited about 30 but this is getting in my way a little.

At least my clothes are fitting way different and my measurements are going down.
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm 60lbs in and I had the same issue as you earlier on in my adventure. I started in may and literally saw no difference 20-30-40-50 lbs. Now I can see it more and more with clothing fitting and what not. And I took pics every 10lbs and now looking at them I do see a difference slightly early on and quite a significant one from then till this week. Brain/Eyes are silly I guess and don't want to show us really how we look its a mindgame *kitten*. In the mirror even 60lbs down I'm like UGH I see nothing, but its definitely different.

Keep at it :) Measure and take pictures. It will catch up. I'm still a long way to go and need a motivation boost that what I'm doing is actually working from time to time.
  • alexknyde
    Options
    You guys make me feel so much better ><
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It takes awhile to really show, almost like time delay. It will show. Measure yourself. Other people didn't really notice until I had lost over 40 lbs, but I have a lot to lose. It takes time to show.
    Put the photos side by side, it becomes more noticeable. I stood in a similar place in the same clothes or something similar.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements? I usually find a difference in my measurements even when I don't see a difference anywhere else.
  • alexknyde
    Options
    I have been measuring, yes, and I have put the pics side by side. I just guess I can't see it in myself, caaause everyone else I've shown them to seems to be able to see it.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 50 pounds before a significant change was noticeable. Until then I could basically wear the same clothes. Yeah they were baggy. BUT once I hit 50 they were so baggy I literally couldn't wear them anymore. Don't lose hope. 80 pounds lost and I look and feel fabulous!
  • SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Same deal with me -- my friends saw the difference even after 20lbs but I couldn't see anything.