Things I hate about being overweight

Options
sophiaalex1200
sophiaalex1200 Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Thought it would be nice to get out in the open....feel free to share your own things...

1. Having a closet full of clothes, most of which don't fit right, and not liking anything in there.

2. Going to a party and eating like a bird because I feel like everyone is watching to see how much the fat girl is going to eat.

3. Finding excuses not to go when friends call and want our kids to go to the local swimming pool because I wouldn't be caught dead in a swimsuit.

4. Avoidig the doctor because I'm too embarrassed to get on the scale.

5. Turning down two friends who asked me to be in their wedding because I was afraid I wouldn't fit into the bridemaid gowns.

6. Going to the beach this summer with my family and only actually going to the beach once all week in the evening so I wouldn't have to put on a swimsuit.

7. Wearing the same wardrobe for 10 years because I keep thinking I'm going to lose the weight and don't want to waste money.

8. Always looking to see if I'm the biggest girl in the room.

9. Claiming I hate to dance when in public because I don't want everyone watching everything jiggle. Really I love dancing.

10. Worrying about my health constantly.

Replies

• samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I'm gonna turn this around on you - this is my list compared to yours about losing and getting healthy:

1. THe non-scale victory of getting that favorite clothing item to fit again.
    2. Going to a party, eating like a bird and having your friends look at you and say "damn - that girl has strength"
    3. That first time you put that tiny bikini on and look at yourself and say "yeah - I'd hit that!"
    4. Your doctor praises you for the losses because he notices it every time
    5. Not getting asked to be in a wedding because the bride doesnt want someone hotter than her standing up front
    6. See # 3. Also, getting hit on at the beach.
    7. Getting to buy new clothes
    8. This isnt going to change - but replace biggest with fittest.
    9. Dancing wherever you want
    10. Worrying about making a new personal record
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    ^ Love your response! @OP - you need to think more positively!
  • PhoebeGrey
    Options
    I can totally identify with everything you said. That's why I'm here, trying to do what the next poster suggested. It will happen if we let it happen. The only one who can really sabotage us is ourselves and the only one that can make the change is us too. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I would tell you to get a better attitude, but your profile says you have lost 0 and have 0 to go.
  • Jitteryspork
    Jitteryspork Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I know how every single one of those feels. I don't do a lot of the things I love to do just because I don't want anyone to see me. I don't sing karaoke, I don't dance, I don't swim, I don't stand up, etc. I don't do anything that may cause someone to notice me. It is sad.. but its an obstacle we have to overcome. One step at a time.
  • Kylie814
    Kylie814 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything that you said! My worst thing ever is when your girlfriends want to go shopping and you agree but you don't buy anything for yourself because you don't want your friends to see what size you wear and you don't want to see the look of disgust on their faces... even though most of my friends are "fuller" in size I do have a select few who are super skinny, and I won't even buy anything in front of my "fuller" best friends..
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1. Never feeling comfortable in your own skin
    2. Always fidgeting your clothes to hide problem areas
    3. Never letting anyone take a picture of you.
    4. Knowing when you go out with your friends you know you will be the fattest of all the girls/girlfriends.
    5. Being embarrassed to try physical activities/ or any activities for that matter because you think you will look like a fool for trying.
    6. Always having something to hide
    7. Looking in the mirror and never feeling like that’s the real you staring at you, that the real you is somewhere in there stuck under all of that extra weight.
    8. Having a life revolving around food and food alone
    9. Never feeling confident for your significant other
    10. Feeling like you will never achieve the weight you most desire

I am not extremely over weight about 25/30 pounds. But I have always been overweight my whole life, and I always could look in the mirror and see through the extra weight and what I would look like. But the vision always seems like a dream, its always seemed to good to be true. My body has never completely felt like my own. I know that sounds weird but some people are comfortable being thicker and im not completely unconfident ive come to terms with my size over time even though I would like to change it. But ive always felt like the real me was different. Any who I’m really determined to get down to 150 maybe 140 if at all possible. i know it will be a long journey maybe even take me a year or more but im down for the challenge. I want to finally take control of my body and my image and recognize the person staring back at me.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    A lot of those things are your list are things that you don't necessarily need to lose weight to make a major difference in. I think you'll find that you'll start to like yourself better and feel more brave if - in addition to working on losing weight - you also make those items direct goals regardless of what happens with your weight - e.g., go to parties and eat, say yes to being a bridesmaid, go to the beach, etc. Sometimes when we ACT loving and respectful of ourselves we start to feel loving and respectful of ourselves.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll play, it's good motivation not to give up.

- Not being able to buy clothes in a regular store
    - Having to pay 2x the price for "big and tall" clothes
    - Feeling self concious whenever you're outside
    - Having no confidence to find a partner, thus being lonely
    - Knowing people judge you instantly on your weight
    - Pains and aches
    - Hating what you see in the mirror
    - Feeling weak and pathetic for letting food beat you
    - Always being the "fat one" in a photo
    - Not being able to do simple physical activities
    - Thinking I'll be dead by 40
  • SpockAdventures
    SpockAdventures Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thinking that people are judging me to be lazy or gluttonous, even though I run every day and know that I'm probably more active than they are.