Fitbit Surge Smartwatch announced

Options
I was browsing the internet tonight when I stumbled upon an article about upcoming Fitbit iterations. I got really excited about the Fitbit Surge, which combines the pedometer functionality with a GPS and HRM.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/19/7007345/this-is-the-fitbit-surge

This seems like the great combination - I had been searching for a suitable HRMGPS watch, but it seemed annoying to wear one in addition to my Fitbit that I already wear daily. I've been wearing my Fitbit Flex, not missing a single day, since January 2014.

Can't wait for this to come out and see some reviews from early adopters. :smiley:

Replies

• pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    P.S. Please let it be true. :disappointed_relieved:
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    For $249??? Yikes.
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm excited - it says it has PurePulse heart rate monitoring. I hope that means no chest strap.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Looks great. If it syncs with the IOS health kit app.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about this too. I currently have the Fitbit One and love it, but was looking to upgrade in the future. I want to make sure I get something that's really good. I was also looking at the Razer Nabu until I heard about this. I'll probably wait for the next wave of products to come out (including the new Fitbit) and make my decision from there.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    marissanik wrote: »
    For $249??? Yikes.

My Garmin Forerunner 410 with HRM is MSRP 299.99$ and I bought it for 259.99$ mid-July 2012 so I'm not surprised by the 250$ price tag on the Fitbit

• pangepange
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    marissanik wrote: »
    For $249??? Yikes.

My Garmin Forerunner 410 with HRM is MSRP 299.99$ and I bought it for 259.99$ mid-July 2012 so I'm not surprised by the 250$ price tag on the Fitbit

That's my line of thinking as well. It seems comparable with other price points on the market.
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I hope it's true! I was looking into it, and it looks like they're already geared up for the Fitbit Charge and Charge HR. :grinning:
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit One after having returned the Force due to rash. At this fitbit price point though I am very interested in the new Polar M400 which is a multisportswatch with integrated GPS and it can measure your heart rate. As far as I know heart rate measuring works best with a heart rate strap so I will sit back and see first how accurate the fitbit can do this should it not use a strap.
    Stef.
  • judy11351
    judy11351 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one also and just got an e-mail on the new fitbits coming out and will see what people think of it vrs. the Basis Peak. Can't wait!
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone UP24 and it got annoying wearing a chunky band (like the fitbit flex) all the time.

I've also been waiting for a such a smart watch to come along. US$249 is a good price point for me. What would make it more perfect for me would be if it ran Android Wear so I could put crazy custom faces on it.
  • pangepange
    Options
    I saw that fitbit is advertising an early 2015 launch date at the moment. I'd have loved to get this sooner, but I'd rather wait for it to be perfected instead of rushed. Don't want a recall this time around! :smile:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am on the waiting list for the Surge, but the Charge is already shipping (without the HR). Both are supposed to be out February time frame. I had the Force and loved it, and can't wait for the next level Surge.
  • established82
    established82 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Don't forget about this one...

http://www.mybasis.com