Trying my best

lovelyreese
lovelyreese Posts: 2
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Yes everyone I am the new kid (@ heart) on the block. My biggest challenge is peer pressure. I try my best to curb my sometimes out of control eating habits, but my coworkers have a good time making me do the opossite. How you my ask? I work as a Receptionist and I constantly have food surrounding my desk for all to share. And sometimes I fall weak. My reasoning for indulging is to work it off...but this is not always the case........
HELP what can I do to stop excessive eating and maintain my goal??:ohwell:

Replies

• amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Bring healthy treats to work that you can substitute for the temptations they put into your path. Remember, you are always at choice. I don't suspect they're putting the food into your mouth. The major thing I've learned using MFP is that we always held accountable for our actions. We can choose to eat healthy or not. But we are very supportive in communicating that. To a degree, participation here is not only a change in eating, but also a change in lifestyle. We are not dieting for the short term. We are learning how to eat and exercise for life. Welcome on board.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    i would definatly find another place for the company grazing area, it would be too hard not to eat it if its right in front of you all the time. dont put yourself through the extra temptation
  • applebottomjeans11
    applebottomjeans11 Posts: 46 Member
    You gotta want to be healthy and to your goal weight bad enough not to indulge in the food that's making you stay the weight you are or gain. One thing I do is drink a bottle of water and then if I am still hungry I will have a little to eat. Just count every calorie and when you are running out it will help you make a better decision on whether or not it's worth it. These are the things that I've done as I am at parties 3-4 nights a week with TONS of yummy food. STAY STRONG!!! You can do this sweetie
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    I used to work in an office and had the same problem, so I moved the food to the back lunch room or by the water cooler instead of at my desk. If someone brought stuff in and tried to leave it by my desk, I told them straight out, I can't deal with the temptation of smelling it and seeing it all day and I'm trying to be good and get healthier so please take it somewhere else.

The first time I did that the other person was surprised, but moved it anyway. After a short time people got used it and it just became the common practice to put all goodies in the lunch room, people didn't even bother to come up to the front anymore, so that was good. Maybe the same could work for you?
This discussion has been closed.