For those who are, say 30+ years old

Options

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    With my sister at least once a month, with my brother I'm luck if we text once every other month!
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm approaching my mid forties. I love my brothers dearly, but they have issues and basically have divorced themselves from my parents for different reasons (and as a result, me). I just saw them for the first time in at least 3-4 years. Before that, we kept in touch pretty regularly - a couple times a month. It's very sad not to see them anymore.
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in my early 30's with four older siblings up to age 40. I talk to my brother most often who is just 16 months older than me, and that's anywhere from 1-3 times every two weeks. I also text/snap chap my two older sisters quite regularly now. Geographically speaking we're within 100 miles of each other and still see each other at least every other month. My guess is we're not "normal" in terms of how often we see & speak to each other, but I truly enjoy visiting with my family!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 32 in December. I talk with my sister via facebook or text (there is a 15 month gap between us). My other two brothers I don't speak with. Ironically, I grew up with my brothers (sister was adopted from young age and I didn't meet her till I was 24).
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    My elder sister calls me once a year on my bday. I don't really want to talk to her because it's basically SSDD with every call and talking about people/things I don't care about.

My daughter is fine when I call her, talking about how she's doing, but when I say there's not much going on with me, she shuts down.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My sister and I text every day, and e-mail, but my brother and I just randomly text. I'm 37, my sister is 35 and my brother is 31.
    My sister was living in China for a few years, and we still kept in contact every day.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    My sister lives three miles from me, I see her maybe three times a year. We don't talk on the phone at all.

My brother lives about 30 minutes away, and I talk to him about once every two months.
  • GordieLaChance
    Options
    My siblings are all spread across the country and we speak maybe once every few weeks... Life gets busy!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I have 1 brother. He lives about 20-30 minutes from me. We text or talk once every couple weeks probably. But I am sure the only reason is because he is super close to my son. Im not sure how often we would talk if it were not for his bond with my son. Thats sad to say.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I love and miss my brothers a ton. The fact that they're on the other side of the atlantic has made the last 6 years rough to say the least. We're not in contact as much as I would like, but when we see each other it's like we never parted. When I move back home I hope to pick up where we left off :)
  • Laka615
    Laka615 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    One sibling, maybe once a year but we don't get along. My other sibling 5 to 7 times a week now that I live near him but when I lived out of state it was more like once or twice a month.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    We don't talk on the phone much - we text.

88sylwgkang1.jpg

And get together probably every other month for whatever reason. But I have 4 sisters - and my Mom had us all in 7 years. We also live within an hour or two of one another.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I rarely talk to them, but we email and text often. At least weekly.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    My brother is five years younger than I am and lives about 900 miles away. We talk/text once or twice a month. It's crazy, but I still think of him as a kid (even though he just turned 40). But I left for college when he was 13, so we've never lived under the same roof as adults.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Once in a while, like every couple of weeks.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Text and Facebook for me and my brother. I might talk on the phone to him once a week to ask something
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    my brother and I text quite a bit, but we're also both in the same profession and have stuff to talk about. probably once or twice a week we conversate on different things from training, schooling, to life in general (but mostly training). sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, my sister is 33, and we live about 3.5 hours apart. Between email, Facebook, and texting, we communicate probably at least once a week... much more when there are family plans coming up. Talking on the phone is probably more like once a month. And we get together (either with our parents or just the two of us and our partners) around 4-5 times/year.
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    My brother is 6 years my junior I hardly ever speak to him just because we just don't I didn't see him for 8 months I love him lots and we face time every few weeks and i would say we are close we just done need to keep in touch regular