What is Your Cardio/Weight Lifting Routine?

Options
Tell me your cardio/weight lifting routine please!!! I'm trying to figure out mine and am having a problem coordinating all...
Thanks!
:wink:

Replies

• cconeill
    cconeill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Cardio 6 days a week
    Upper body one day the next lower body back and forth throughout the week.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    3x a week - Body Pump class
    2x a week - spin class
    2x a week - 5k run
  • kquist16
    kquist16 Posts: 6
    Options
    Cardio 6 days a week minimum - I like to mix up my cardio though, in order to exhaust every muscle in my body. Running is MUST if you are trying to lose weight, even if you can only jog. I like to start with 10 minutes on the stairmaster as a warm-up, 25-30 minutes on the treadmill (alternating sprint/walk and a moderate jog), then I cool down with 10 minutes on the elliptical or bike. My dad's best friend is a marathon runner and told me that in order to start burning fat, you must do OVER 30 minutes of cardio. Anything over 30 minutes is VERY effective as far as burning fat goes.

I don't like to lift a lot since I was an athlete in college and bulked up TOO much, in my opinion. So after my cardio routine, I will go over to the weight machines and do 4-5 different weight machines. Low weight, high reps - this is what will tone instead of create bulk muscle. Hope this helps!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Weights on Monday - followed by 15 mins cardio minimum.
    Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - Couch to 5K runs on treadmill to more easily track speed
    Friday - long run outside. 3.4m minimum

This gives me Wednesdays and Sundays off, which is ok with me. This week I really didn't follow the plan because I have a 5K on Saturday and wanted to be rested! I really have come to LOVE Mondays (weight day!) and I am thinking I will swap it to Sunday/Wednesday to add another day of weights in.
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Doing P90X, but do at least 3days of cardio (try to get in 4), two days of weights (P90X workouts), one day of YogaX
  • noworry87
    noworry87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine m-f and strengh training for 15 to 20 minutes each day. im trying to find a good combo too...
  • pleary
    pleary Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a runner trying to watch her figure.I lost 20 lbs by counting my calories before I discovered this website/app. I run 3-4 times a week with one day being a long run, one day being a tempo or fast run and the rest are easy runs. I do one day of weight lifting, but I think I need to do 2 days of weights. I do easy runs before weights. And one day of cycling, swimming or elliptical. If you don't like running maybe you can do elliptical 3x a week? You can burn a lot of calories on the elliptical. so this is what my week looks like:

Monday - Tempo run 60 minutes
    Tuesday - Easy Run 30 minutes
    Wednesday - Easy Run 30 - 60 minutes & Weights 30-60 minutes
    Thursday - Cycling, Zumba...whatever I feel like doing 30 or rest
    Friday - Long Run 90 minutes +
    Saturday - Rest & Stretch
    Sunday - Rest or Cycling for 30 minutes
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    1 hour of cardio on Tues, Thurs, Saturday - this is either Zumba or water aerobics of some sort.

45-60 minutes of strength training on M-W-F...If I only do 45, then I make up the last 15 on the elliptical.
  • mmulhern914
    mmulhern914 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I currently do Combat on Mondays and Wednesdays, Cross Train class on Tuesday with a run, Body Pump sometimes on Thursdays and Step Class on Fridays. I am trying to figure out when to strength train.
  • Crystleen
    Crystleen Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I used to be the cardio girl that would get on the eliptical for 30 min + and power walk at home on the beach, but was getting frustrated that I wasn't losing much weight and barely losing inches, I thus switched to weight training, and in a shorter period of time I've lost inches and weight and feel so much better after my workouts! I mostly only do weight training, I push myself on the weights, 3-5 sets and to the point where I can only do 3-6 reps , I do not do light weights and lots of reps, that won't do diddly if you want a good tone/cut body. I do upper body Mon/Wed and lower body Tues/Thurs. On Friday or the weekend, I will do either an all over body workout or at least do stomach crunches. FYI, Girls are not made to look like men, and girls can lift heavy weights and not look like men, we aren't designed hormonally to acheive that, without synthetic drugs, so no worries there. I will do cardio some days, but it is usually the bike or something and for 10min, I will go slow 30sec then as fast as I can 30 sec, intervals to get my heart pumping.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Monday Chest/Tris
    Tuesday Interval cardio
    Wed Legs/Shoulders
    Thursday Longer cardio session at a steady pace
    Friday Biceps/Back
    Saturday OFF or Cardio
    Sunday Soccer Games.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I do group fitness classes and I run. I take step M, Th, and Sat, I run for 45 - 60 minutes on any day that I'm not doing some other cardio (except Sundays, everyone needs a day off). I body sculpt M, W, Sat. I used to hit the weight room and just don't get the same results that I get in group fit classes. I believe in them so strongly that I became an instructor (step 4 years ago and body pump in November).