I don't know if I am in the right category

Options
I say that because I have motivation but I get discouraged alot because it seems like no matter how hard I try I don't see the scale moving. Sometimes inches move but sometimes they don't. I weigh and measure my food, work out regularly give myself challenges sometimes it could get me down when I step on the scale and don't see the results I want. Sometimes I am down a pound or two then next I am up. I know I am making the right choices the majority of the time. If anybody wants to look at my diary and give me some advice please feel free. Thanks. Help.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You need to set your diary to public so we can take a look.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open to the public, but maybe you should stop weighing for a while and focus on how your clothes fit or measurements. As long as you are getting smaller, does it really matter what the scale says.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Don't let the scale dictate your mood. Weight fluctuates, up to a few pounds from day to day, independantly from real fat loss/gain.

Maybe you try too hard. Rather make some small changes that you can live with, than big changes that overwhelm you.

Your diary is not open...
  • chereedoggett
    chereedoggett Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. It should be open now
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You aren't logging on the weekends. Is this because the weekends are much higher calorie days? Not judging, just asking because I know weekends are big problem for me.

Also, I noticed your age. If you are perimenopausal, that can play havoc with your hormones and be reflected on the scale. This is also something I am very familiar with.
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The meals you are logging appear to be quite balanced to me - but there are a few days with what looks like partial logging or no logging. So it would be hard to tell what is not working for you - depends on how you eat (and how much) when you aren't logging.
  • janiceesmith12
    janiceesmith12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Be sure to look at the reports tab and look at your weight over a 6 month or year period. When I feel discouraged because the scale says I am up or haven't lost, I can look at that overall line. It is quite jagged, but overall going down.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the comments above. You are not logging on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That's nearly 1/2 of the total days of the week. What's going on during those days?

If you eat it, log it.

Anytime I violate that rule, I overeat.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    pounds or two don't matter. don't sweat the small stuff.
  • chereedoggett
    chereedoggett Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes I must agree with all of the comments especially about the weekends. I am very bad about that. I will start logging everyday especially the weekends. The hormones as well I am on hormone replacement therapy. Thanks for all the advice.