"Projected weight loss" and "You should lose" figures don't match up!

Hi folks I've just updated my profile and put my goal weight, activity level etc into the diet profile.

The figures I've got back don't match up...it says that my projected weight loss is 0.5 kg/week...but then that I should lose 1.1 kg by November 24...five weeks away!

Surely I should have lost 2.5 kg by this point?

Any thoughts? I'll be really depressed if I've only lost 1.1kg!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    The five week away figure--was that what you got after putting in all of your food for today or yesterday? If so, that is a number based on what you ate today/yesterday. As in "If you eat exactly this same food/number of calories for the next five weeks, you will weigh X kg on November 24." So if you ate more than your MFP calorie goal for the day, you wouldn't be predicted to lose the full 2.5 kg that you could lose by then.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    What is your calorie goal without exercise ?
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Most people ignore those predictions. They're just a computer generated response. And there is treatment for depression.
  • Thanks for your responses!

JemH- the figures came up after I went to the "update your diet profile" on my PC rather than being based on what I ate yesterday (in any case, I was in my calorie allowance yesterday). It asked me current weight, goal weight, height, how often I exercise, what I want to lose a week etc.

Yarwell- calorie goal without exercise is 1200.