I cant keep my mind off food

Options
nicoclet
nicoclet Posts: 5
edited October 2014 in Chit-Chat
All day all i do is think of food. Im stressed right now and going through some things and food has always been a way to make me feel better. Now that im trying to not eat so much, im having a hard time trying to unstress myself. Any tips on what you guys do to help you out or activities that keep your mind off food. Nothings working for me so far. Id appreciate any feedback :)

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Do you currently have any hobbies?
  • nicoclet
    Options
    Not really. I like to read stuff online but then i go from reading to lookin at pictures of burritos and sandwiches lol.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    lol try doing things outside more often or something you really enjoy doing
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Food, sex, alcohol...these things are always on my mind.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I think about food all the time. I just have a better handle on not stuffing my face these day.
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    nicoclet wrote: »
    All day all i do is think of food. Im stressed right now and going through some things and food has always been a way to make me feel better. Now that im trying to not eat so much, im having a hard time trying to unstress myself. Any tips on what you guys do to help you out or activities that keep your mind off food. Nothings working for me so far. Id appreciate any feedback :)
    I take walks when hungry and knowing my body has been fed properly.
    Sometimes I crave food to curb negative emotions. I can use food like an alcoholic uses whiskey.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    nicoclet wrote: »
    im having a hard time trying to unstress myself. Any tips on what you guys do to help you out or activities that keep your mind off food.
    Volunteering is great for de-stressing

• SarahJohnson1234
    SarahJohnson1234 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try and make your meals for satisfying and acknowledge when your emotionally eating. We all do it without realizing. Don't starve yourself either with small meals and then snack a lot in between.
    Also, being proactive can take your mind off food.

Good luck
  • fire7ice
    Options
    Maybe if you crave foods you just can't do without.... you could just eat smaller portions of them (within your calories for that day) or allow yourself one meal where (in that day) you go over your calories for that week. So far it is working for me.... and still losing 1 lb a week. Most of the time I eat healthy as wholemeal/fruit/veg can fill you up but it doesn't stop me still craving sweet/fatty stuff. Which is ok as long as I have limits on it :)
  • nicoclet
    Options
    Thanks. I was trying so hard to stay away from the food on my mind, but today i caved to subway, ruffles, and rootbeer. So i guess tomorrow ill just be starting over.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    spade117 wrote: »
    Food, sex, alcohol...these things are always on my mind.

Hello twin :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a great way to help in this area. When I am working out, the only food I think about usually is a protein shake during and if it is a particularly strenuous workout, I'll consider something to return my sugar level back in check. I tend to eat more when I work out less... usually because work prevents me from being able to work out as I should.
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I get food on my mind. I know because I am bored and upset a lot. I need a hobby..
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I want pizza!
  • MugenGinga
    MugenGinga Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vegetables! I have a desire to sometimes mindlessly eat, so I make a point of keeping certain vegetables stocked so I can munch without killing my calories. Plus, they're super healthy! Check out the calories before you buy though because some can surprise you on the calorie front.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Behxo wrote: »
    lol try doing things outside more often or something you really enjoy doing
    A job, if you dont have one, will keep you too busy to think of food

• Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I tried losing a pound a week and was hungry all the time, which lead to overeating, which meant my weight loss stalled completely. I was very frustrated. Now I set my goal to lose half a pound a week and I've lost 12 pounds. And I am way less hungry.

Eat more protein, less carbs, more veggies. Avoid processed carbs altogether, they're just going to make you hungrier.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I do think about food a lot, myself, when dieting. This just means I step up my cooking game when it comes to making meals. I'm a good cook, so if I'm fantasizing about food, I make it a challenge to plan a really great meal that's within my calories for my next meal.

*snerk* Sometimes I think I'm becoming Anton Ego from Ratatouille, I really do...
  • RyanQu
    RyanQu Posts: 48
    Options
    Then eat a bunch of food. Baby carrots with seasoning, broccoli, green beans. Eat as much as you want.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I got a new boyfriend and now all I can think about is sex.

Well, thought about that a lot before but having a partner involved now surely takes MY mind off of eating all the time.