slow progress

Options
Im doing everything right and the weight is not coming off any ideas or tips please anyone ,

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long have you been losing, how much have you lost, and can you open your diary?
  • zoecosgrove1
    zoecosgrove1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    sorry new to this how do i open diary ?
  • malibu927
    Options
    Settings--->Diary Settings--->Click on Public
  • zoecosgrove1
    Options
    ok done thank you
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You've lost 8 lbs, how long have you been trying to lose weight? with the amount you have to lose 1lb/week should be expected, and the goal you enter into weight loss goal.
  • zoecosgrove1
    Options
    3 weeks only 3 pound lost
  • zoecosgrove1
    Options
    8 pounds since april
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options

You are losing at the correct pace. Keep doing what you are doing. :)
  • zoecosgrove1
    Options
    i lost the 3 pound within days of starting 3 weeks ago but since nothing
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    8 lbs in how long? It looks like you just started, is that correct? Did you really expect weight that you have accumulated in this lifetime to come off just like that? Set some realistic expectations.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Slow progress is still progress none the less. You may need to either cut about 500 calories a day and or try to burn an extra 500 a day. Or you can do 250 of each and that can help you get going faster. Good Luck

29509743.png
  • swtchicmarie
    swtchicmarie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I guess I have the same question as above -- how long have you been losing? I looked at a few days of your diary, and I would suggest maybe adding some more fruits and veggies to your daily diet. :smiley:
  • malibu927
    Options

Then you're doing fine. A pound a week is a good rate to lose, especially with 30 pounds to go.

Do you use a food scale? Looking at your diary, you have a lot of 100g/50g even amounts to your entries.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    3 lbs in 3 weeks is exactly what you should be losing so you're right on track. I went through your diary and you're hardly eating anything at all. There were many days that you ate 800 calories for the entire day. I'm not saying you need to eat more to lose more but you should be eating more to be healthy. Your body can't possibly function for long on just 800 calories a day.

How much do you want to lose? What do you have your goal set at? .5 loss/week? 1lb loss/week?
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Zoe - to be fair, 3lbs in 3 weeks is good going. 8lbs in 7 months isn't fantastic though - but you're still half a stone lighter :)

My tip is to make sure you weigh everything - you'd be surprised what a 'single serving' actually is when you weigh it out.

Make sure you accurately log every morsel - I can't see any milk or spreads logged in your diary (to be honest, I only went back a couple of days!) Did you really have 2 DRY slices of bread in the morning? All the little extra's really do add up and if you're on a moderate deficit (say to lose 0.5lb per week) then these little extra's make a difference.

Good luck! :)
  • zoecosgrove1
    Options
    no i dont .i just scan items i eat with scanner and add them . :)
  • ciacyrus29
    ciacyrus29 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've lost and I've gained. So far I've lost.
    You say your doing everything right and the weight is not coming off. A friend of mine was in the same boat. She thought she was doing everything right. She took a boot camp class twice a week for a year and didn't lose that much. Then she really paid very close attention to her food and water intake. It wasn't that she was eating really horrible foods but there were times she when she ate a bit more than other days. As soon as she focused on that, the weight dropped. She looks great!
    I think we focus too much on the scale. Let me ask you this - how do you feel? When was the last time you did your measurements? Sometimes we lose inches first before the weight catches up. So you should see if you've lost any inches you might be surprised.
    - Take a very close look at your food and your exercise as well as your measurements - you just might be right on track and don't even know it.
  • east2west14
    east2west14 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Drink more water, eat more fruits and vegetables increase exercise and eat some of your exercise calories back if you start feeling famished. MFP overestimates calories burned so make sure to wear a decent HRM.
  • zoecosgrove1
    Options
    true ! i didnt take any measurements to start with so could have lost inches .great tip thank you
  • malibu927
    Options
    no i dont .i just scan items i eat with scanner and add them . :)

Then you're probably eating more than you think if you're just eyeballing portions. You'll be surprised by how much (little) a hundred grams of chicken is. It's the best tool I've been using for my weight loss.