Need new pair of workout shoes suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    I just got some MBT's and i am well impressed with them. Was walking a lot yesterday and when i got up this morning i had sore legs and bum so they seem to be working for me! Not sure about working out Yet. But for a good work out i love Nike shox :)

I got some MBTs and love the way they feel but they are so D#$% Ugly! :smile:
  • AllieCatNeal
    Options
    Definitely get fitted at a specialty store! They'll watch you walk/run and find a shoe made for your anatomy, that's the best way to prevent injury. And if you're very active it's a better idea to have one pair of workout/running shoes and another pair of everyday shoes. I love my Mizuno Wave Rider 13s, a shoe for the neutral runner, first type of shoes that I haven't gotten blisters in!
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting fitted. I went to "The running room". They fitted me out perfectly. I had on one shoe on one foot and one on another to compare until I found one that my feet was happy about. REALLY worth it. Good footwear is very important and everyone is different. I had my mind set on New Balance but ended up with underarmor shoes.
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    I love my Reebox Simply tones
  • DallasLeann
    Options
    I love my Asics. I have a heavy heel stike, and I just started jogging. They are the first shoes I have owned that I don't have foot pain.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your input! I now have a pretty good idea of what to look for. :) If I can find a decent shoe store, I'll definitely get fitted this weekend.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My husband got his shoes fitted for him at this running store called FrontRunner here in Ohio. I thought it was cool to see people walking in their socks while the associate (who are also runners) figure out what shoe would fit best. He paid just under $120 for a pair of Saucony. My brother in law who is a marathon runner shops there often and recommended the shop to us. Since I'm not a runner; I do mainly aerobics.. I went to Payless and bought Champions that felt great on my feet.
  • cuz86
    cuz86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have the reebok easy tone and i dont think you should buy them or any shaping runners for gym workouts...the shape ups and easy tones are great for everyday walking but when working out at the gym...running lifiting weights its important to have a flat shoe something that wont allow your knees to roll out and compromise your form i found when i was lifting weights with my reeboks my knees kept wanting to roll out because foot was never flat...i recently bought the nike free runs based on great reviews and wow!!! such a difference !!!