MY BILLIONTH TIME TRYING!!!

Options
For the past 7 years I have struggled with my weight. I've tried a variety of crash diets, restricting, & even gone on an all liquid diet! Years of trying these diets have messed up my metabolism. I lose weight slowly but gain it very quickly! Friday the 10th a switch went off in my mind, heart, & stomach. I no longer wanted to eat junk food & be lazy, so.. Now I eat healthy food, make sure my macros are balanced, & I exercise. Portion control & getting enough calories while still having a deficit is key. I've been on track for 8 days now & feel like this lifestyle change isn't going anywhere :)

Feel free to add me!!! I'm super sweet & fun to talk to!

Replies

• ladystarr
    Options
    You and I have a lot in common! I also have tried for years to lose weight and I would give up, etc. I have also been on track for 8 days as well!! You can do it!!! I have faith! :)
  • thefoodaddict
    thefoodaddict Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yayy we're like twinsies! haha let's keep in contact. My old profile had a bunch of people that didn't even talk to me or like my posts. What's the point of adding if you're not gonna be supportive?!
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    yoda-do-or-do-not-1.jpg
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    <3 my name is charity, and I am a food addict.

friend request sent!
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    friend request accepted :D
  • ladystarr
    Options
    I am also a food addict. One thing I am trying to do is not think of this as a "diet". I'm trying to think of it as a healthy living choice I am making. God knows I like sneak in a pizza and some candy bars later down the road. :P
  • emitc534
    emitc534 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I to have tried to so many diet programs in my life. I have now said no more they get rich and I'm exactly where I started. No more programs, what I say to myself it didn"t take me a short time to put this weight on it's not going to take me a short time to take it off.

I don't say diet, I say lifestyle change. Maybe this will help, I started making small changes. I sat down and made my own plan. That meant looking online for FREE things like this site that I llike. I can log daily. No more paying for gyms that I only attend 25% of the time. I say I'm going to put on my headphones and walk. I started out doing just 20 minutes, now I can do a half hour.

I look for free sites to look for information about foods that are healthy and filling, Making sure I eat more fruits and vegetables. But, according to the government website on nutrition and fitness, for my age, weight, height, I'm only suppose to have 1 1/2 cups of fruit per day, and 2 1/2 cups of vegetables per day. There's also how much protein, carbs, fats, dairy. I'm taking it one day at a time. I have two 32 oz bottles of water which is also important. Take it day by day, try to have a plan, and talk daily about your ups and downs because i've had many. I'm starting all over again myself. I just need to go shopping to make sure I have wnat I need without going overboard.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    WE can do this!!
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    emitc534 wrote: »
    Hi, I to have tried to so many diet programs in my life. I have now said no more they get rich and I'm exactly where I started. No more programs, what I say to myself it didn"t take me a short time to put this weight on it's not going to take me a short time to take it off.

I don't say diet, I say lifestyle change. Maybe this will help, I started making small changes. I sat down and made my own plan. That meant looking online for FREE things like this site that I llike. I can log daily. No more paying for gyms that I only attend 25% of the time. I say I'm going to put on my headphones and walk. I started out doing just 20 minutes, now I can do a half hour.

I look for free sites to look for information about foods that are healthy and filling, Making sure I eat more fruits and vegetables. But, according to the government website on nutrition and fitness, for my age, weight, height, I'm only suppose to have 1 1/2 cups of fruit per day, and 2 1/2 cups of vegetables per day. There's also how much protein, carbs, fats, dairy. I'm taking it one day at a time. I have two 32 oz bottles of water which is also important. Take it day by day, try to have a plan, and talk daily about your ups and downs because i've had many. I'm starting all over again myself. I just need to go shopping to make sure I have wnat I need without going overboard.

Yaaaas. Making a plan is very important. I don't listen to the government website because fruits & veggies are highly needed in your diet. I say diet as in what you eat, but you're right it is a lifestyle change. For me, I include LOTS of protein in my diet because although I do a lot of cardio, I strength train a bit, so my muscles need the protein. Also, I get a lot of protein because, in my opinion, that's what should make up most of your calories. I do 40% protein, 35% fat, & 25% carbs. But I sometimes don't meet that (my pie chart is off) so I just make sure I get 130 grams of protein a day & let the rest take care of themselves. I have IBS so I'm limited on what I can eat, especially dairy.. soy milk is better for you anyways :p
    Well, I hope your journey runs smoothly like mine has been lately!!
  • thefoodaddict
    Options
    WE can do this!!

YAAAS!!!!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Dont use the metabolism card. It is an overrated excuse. More likely you just failed to eat at a calorie deficit.
  • 19_84_jade
    19_84_jade Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ feel free to add me everyone :)
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! What has worked for me is not doing a diet per se. I've changed my perspective that this is a forever change I needed to take and not thinking food is a reward but rather a resource. Diets suck. They keep you from eating normally. Portion control, tracking intake and exercising is the simple plan to win. Feel free to add and good luck to you!
  • DEBSMITLEY
    DEBSMITLEY Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    well I did good for a very long time, now I just can't stop eating, I'm eating 2500 calories a day sometimes more, I do excellent on keeping active, I lift weights and walk 4 miles a day but just can't control my eating, I have been depressed and may have something to do with it, I just started this site not too long ago but never posted, I have lost around 115lbs on my very long journey to be fit and some what thin, I know I will never be a model or be that size 8 but would be nice to be a 12-14 would make me very happy!!!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    HaiLDodger wrote: »
    yoda-do-or-do-not-1.jpg

yes
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Tried one "diet" after another for many years. Been through WW, Atkins, Paleo, etc. etc. Unfortunately I always wondered why I could have this and not have that. Also there was always that thought in the back of my head about doing the diet until I lost weight.

MFP, or more appropriate CICO, is the first time that I have felt like this is a way of life and not a diet. I started exercising about 5 months ago. It was hard to start with but now I feel like my day is missing something when I don't exercise.

You can do this. Feel free to send me a FR. I am here every day and log everything.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I felt guilty about food for YEARS. Coming here and realising that eating well meant a balance of things as opposed to restricting freed me more than I realised I needed to be freed. You can do this!
  • kmack29_
    kmack29_ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i've always been pretty active.. but i also love to eat! MFP has been helping me find a balance between eating because i'm hungry and eating just to eat. its still a struggle some days, and i do go over my cals- but i log! always log, hold yourself accountable! its a lifestyle change, we aren't going to change over night, but if we keep on going we will all reach our goals!
  • TJR88
    TJR88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    In my mid teens I got it into my head that I was fat (I wasn't) and there were things that I should and shouldn't be eating and that's when I started to actually get fat - by swinging from being super "healthy" (whatever healthy meant according to current fad I was caught up in) for a few days or weeks and then saying forget this I want the unhealthy stuff and gorging like a beast for a few days or weeks. Rinse and Repeat for the next decade!

I'm done with extremes and I'm keeping it simple - I've set my calories at around maintenance level for my goal weight and all my focus is on not exceeding those cals each day and getting in a couple hours of exercise each week. No special complicated regime, no forbidden foods, no cheat days or diet day. Approx 1800 cals a day and a couple hours of exercise a week. That's it. RINSE AND REPEAT!