Elimination Diet

Options
Has anyone tried the elimination diet? Basically, it's not really a diet I guess. More of a body cleanse. But apparently it really helps with weight loss too since you're getting rid of all the crap you eat. No dairy, no sugar etc. It's not a forever diet, just a short term change in eating habits. I'd love to her any success stories as my boyfriend and I are looking to start this Monday. :)

(A link to the diet)
http://www.functionalmedicine.org/content_management/files/ifm_Comp_Elim_Diet_091503.pdf

Replies

• gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I try and do it a couple times a year! for a two week stretch anyway. You wont lose significant weight (other than water) But your skin will look phenomenal! I find myself more energized as well. The first two days are a little rough, but not terrible. Good luck!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I only did the elimination diet a week or so at a time to see if i was allergic to a particular food/additive.
  • dragonflies6
    dragonflies6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ive never heard of it, what is it
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Look at the link above. It basically takes out all dairy, gluten and other "toxins" to your body. It's kind of like a very raw, pure diet. No additives and other stuff.

Thanks for the info all! It does look super hard but I'm ready for a change! :)