Beachbody hybrid help

Options
since it is getting to cold here to workout outside, I want to make a hybrid of chalean extreme, turbofire, and piyo. My goals are to tone, lose weight and inches. Sorry if my lingo isnt right, be easy. How many days would you do chalean extreme with the weights? how many cardio days with turbo fire? Is piyo considered on the cardio or weightlifting side? because when I do piyo, it feels like both. Or do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    A hybrid of 3 programs is a bit excessive. That being said, with ChaLEAN extreme, the 3x a week strength training workouts are a must. You can sub out the other 2 days a week of cardio/recovery work for other forms of cardio, but that's about it. Piyo is essentially cardio with yoga/pilates elements added in. It trains muscular endurance.

There's a widely accepted schedule designed by the creator herself that is a hybrid of TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme. Adding anything else beyond that though isn't the best idea.
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    thank you. I will drop one of the cardio programs and look up their hybrids. Is it too much to lift weights over 3 days a week?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    That depends on the format. When you're doing full body on your workouts, generally yes as your muscles need a rest day. The only people who can strength train more frequently than every other day are people splitting their workouts into different muscle groups on different days, similar to what Body Beast or P90X does.
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    thank you. I will keep it to 3 days a week.