Countdown to my 40th.

Options
So, it is 8 weeks (and 2 days) until I turn 40. In that time I would love to lose 5 kilos (totally doable on paper but I can just never seem to manage it). I weighed in at 66.1 this morning and would ideally love to be under 62. I am an active person in general (work as a midwife and I'm a mum of 3) but food is my downfall!! So, focusing on eating well and upping the exercise a bit in the hope that I head in the right direction! Have started back on MyFitnesspal, have my fitbit (set to 13000 which I'll up to 15000 next month).

If anyone has any great hints or tips on how to stay on track, I would love to hear it!!

Replies

• here2bme
    here2bme Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have changed one thing at a time of the past few years and it seem to have worked okay for me. Examples: eat oatmeal for breakfast during the week, white bread to wheat bread, sour cream to greek yogurt.....things like that. By making one change at a time over time they have stuck. Oh, and then there is exercising 3 to 5 times a week.

Good luck!
  • kedbrooke
    kedbrooke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    haha, I had oats instead of toast this morning. Have played tennis today and walked a heap- 16000 steps so far today.