Question about calories in Pumpkin

Options
Kestrelwings
Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
In honour of the season, and our American friends, I have baked a couple of pumpkin in my slow cooker (baked whole, no oil etc).

But logging it is proving a nightmare, as there are lots of different "pumpkin flesh only" type entries in the nutrition section, with calorie counts ranging from 20 Kcal/100g to over 50 Kcal/100g. A pretty big difference when I am planning on making a big batch of soup for my lunch.

Can anyone help? What nutritional info is correct???

Replies

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In honour of the season, and our American friends, I have baked a couple of pumpkin in my slow cooker (baked whole, no oil etc).

But logging it is proving a nightmare, as there are lots of different "pumpkin flesh only" type entries in the nutrition section, with calorie counts ranging from 20 Kcal/100g to over 50 Kcal/100g. A pretty big difference when I am planning on making a big batch of soup for my lunch.

Can anyone help? What nutritional info is correct???
    Treat it like squash...or compromise and log it as 35 calories per 100 g.

• Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That sounds a good compromise, thanks :-)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I would use "Pumpkin - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt"
    Typically, try to use entries without the * for the most accuracy.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I make pumpkin soup with milk, a tiny bit of butter, salt, and a tiny bit of brown sugar. I estimate it at 100 calories per cup. I base it on all the organic squash soups you can buy premade at the store.