What is better for losing weight? Not eating the till dinner time or eating throughout the day?

Options
I am on medication for ADD called Vyvanse. One of it's side effects is loss of appetite because I forget to eat! I can go till 6pm without a morsel in my body. I'm just not hungry till then! Should I eat because it's whats socially acceptable or continue my ways?

Replies

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tbh you'll get differing views, but generally IMO if you stay within your calorie goal (and don't suffer from lack of energy etc) eating whenever you want is fine.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I personally think if you're within your goals it doesn't matter the timing, whatever works for you. You could look into intermittent (I so spelled that wrong eek) fasting because you could easily adapt to that method and a lot of people have success like that. Especially since you have supressed appetite already. Just make sure you're hitting your numbers and getting proper nutrition.
  • dippydoo
    dippydoo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you are tying to lose weight or just trying to manage your meals, this program can probably be of use to you, even if only to help you view your total calories for the day. I personally don't believe that continued consuming under your goal is prudent.
  • taivazian
    Options
    Here is what I have found out! I have been a software developer for over 40 years and i forget to eat thru the day as well, especially breakfast. IT DOES MATTER 2 reasons

1) Blood sugar spikes and lethargy. when you don't eat your body goes into survival mode and actually saves as many fat cells as it can and you get tired, then when you do eat, your calorie count will be all askew. example I didn't eat today so I will eat a whole large pizza and the like. Then when you sleep you will be digesting a days worth of calories all at once.

2) If you eat breakfast, you body will start burning fat, if you don't eat too many carbs, and if you want a large meal eat it before 5, and then don't eat anything after 8PM all the while staying with your caloric limits!,