10 Things I've Learned in the First 10 Weeks

Options
1) Despite the fact that it took me about 25 years to get this overweight and unfit, you can make NOTICEABLE changes in just 10 weeks.

2) I had gradually been reduced to only using about 10% of the clothes that I own. The rest either didn't fit or "made me look fat". I'm slowly reclaiming my stuff. :smile:

3) I'm lucky. I really like the taste of most of the healthier stuff I'm eating. If I don't like it, I stop eating it and try something else.

4) I was never really properly hydrated until I started tracking my water intake on MFP. Even now I struggle, but I just realized that I haven't had a really bad headache in weeks - maybe it's the water?

5) This really, really isn't a race. It's going to take months (years?) to get rid of the other 60 pounds I want ro lose. I'm OK with that.

6) After a while, the exercise and eating right and drinking water becomes a habit. This makes sticking with the plan easier. Almost like auto-pilot.

7) The things I miss most are micro-brewed dark beers (ales) and pizza. I can have both as an occasional treat, but when I start it's hard to stop. :drinker:

8) The danger with alcohol is not so much the empty calories as the effect it has on my will power. If I drink too much, I WILL eat too much too.

9) Avocados are AWESOME!!!

10) Support and encouragement make a big difference. I used to think, "I'm a grown man. I don't need no stinkin' support!". I was wrong! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Great post! Thanks!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That is all very true! Good for you! And yes, water makes a lot of difference. I used to maybe get 6 cups in, but i drink double :-) and i dont remember my last headache
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I agree, great post!!
  • Shannmarrs
    Shannmarrs Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    All amazing and true (my headaches too have gotten better!)...keep up the good work!
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    how true....lol Thanks for sharing :)
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I love avocados, mashed in a bowl with a bit of agave nectar and rice milk.... YUM
  • fluffy831
    fluffy831 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great post (and a good reminder to drink more water!) Keep up the great work.
  • melandcurt
    Options
    Going to get a refill on my water right now! Great post!
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I loved this post and I love your attitude.
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    AWESOME POST! glad tht u on a roll! AVACADOS R the BEST! yum!
  • tatter1975
    tatter1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks for sharing!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Great post (and a good reminder to drink more water!) Keep up the great work.

Agree :bigsmile:
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This post is AWESOME! (and I just told a co-worker yesterday "why on earth did I once not like avocados? I must have been crazy!")