why do you fitness

Options
why do you do the things you do?

Why do you dedicate time to go to the gym, or go on a run when you could easily do other things?

Why do you maintain a strict diet when you could simply eat whatever the fawk u want and enjoy life?

Dig deep and ask yourself why you do these things.. for credit on an online message board?

Lets hear your stories brahs

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    when I could easily do other things??? But they're not as fun.

I do not maintain a strict diet. I just eat well.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I'll be utterly self-serving and just link this.
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    SheBeButLittleSheisFierce Posts: 690 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I started working out last December tobrekieve stress. My life was out of controlling and I needed to work out aggression. Somehow slamming a medicine ball against a mat until it bounced helped that. I soon started seeing results in my body that I never thought possible, Due to health issues. Now, 10 months 50 lbs and 22 inches later I'm addicted.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Performance.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    JaggedL wrote: »

Why do you dedicate time to go to the gym, or go on a run when you could easily do other things?

Why do you maintain a strict diet when you could simply eat whatever the fawk u want and enjoy life?

Dig deep and ask yourself why you do these things.. for credit on an online message board?

Because swimming is an utter sensual delight and if I lift weights I am strong enough to beam jerks with an Olympic bar if they get too mouthy.

• jennyhoon
    jennyhoon Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    JaggedL wrote: »

Why do I do things that I do..like situps,planks,squats,lunge,deadlift,hip thrust and crunches. I want sexy body with great butt view.

I dedicated my life to fitness since last year. I managed to shed off more than 50lbs and I am halfway to my goal weight. I hate the way I looked previously.

To eat whatever I want? You mean oily stuff..junks and sweet cakes? Count me out. My stomach cannot handle all those. I am picky in food, I cook whatever I want to eat eg Chinese foods.

All in all..I just want to be attractive :smile:
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ummmm I'm still enjoying life? I still eat amazingly delicious food. I feel like a total bad *ss when I lift weights. And when the zombie apocalypse comes I'm going to be the sexy b*tch with the tight top and big gun that saves all your *sses?

You know, the same reason anyone works out.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    So I can eat whatever I want and still look good
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I listen to music while I exercise, it keeps me from getting bored. If I was not exercising I would most likely be looking up stuff on YouTube, watching something on Netflix, reading a book, or listening to music. So exercising fits in with my daily life.

I don't eat whatever I want to the amount I want because if I did I would gain a lot of weight in my stomach area, chin and face. I was happy with the weight in other places. I was just really annoyed with my double chin and my stomach. So I am avoiding getting those again. Also with exercises I can eat more food without worrying about getting the negatives back.
  • JessicaJVRadcliffe
    JessicaJVRadcliffe Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Stress relief. And I've always been self conscious. Working out helps that.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    To bring all the boys to the yard B)

But really, I want to look better and be healthier. It's a nice way to distract myself from a cr*ppy day.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I wanted would cause me to gain lots of weight and I wouldn't enjoy life.
    I do fitness because I want to feel and look my best!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a bra! :smiley:

I dedicated my time to fitness because. ..why the hell not? I do eat what I want...iifym! I lift because I want to be crazy strong AND sexy. I think I'm doing okay.
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    And when the zombie apocalypse comes I'm going to be the sexy b*tch with the tight top and big gun that saves all your *sses?

Anyone else now looking forward to the Zombie apocalypse?

Me.....health for the family and performance at work. As I've gotten older I'm noticing the bad guys are getting younger and in better shape, and even though if I need to I can have my partner chew on them for a little bit ( the threat of which usually ends the situation) some times it doesn't and I need to be there for him to keep him safe.

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, and workout because I like to.

Also because it makes me look awesome naked, and that's pretty satisfying.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    mbailey423 wrote: »
    And when the zombie apocalypse comes I'm going to be the sexy b*tch with the tight top and big gun that saves all your *sses?

Anyone else now looking forward to the Zombie apocalypse?

Me.....health for the family and performance at work.

Hahaha! *Hi5!*
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't "fitness" I "life". Who's got time to pose around the gym several times a week? I'd rather be out riding my horse, mowing the lawn, or doing stuff with my kids.