Need Lunch Suggestions

Options
I am trying to find new foods for lunch and need some suggestions. I don't want to use frozen meals because they are so hight in sodium I do make wraps and tuna salad but need some ideas.

Replies

• JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    me too....
  • tjptaylor
    tjptaylor Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make up my own frozen meals -- I'll make a pot of turkey chili, soups, pasta and sauce and then portion them into freezer containers. Then I take out a few each week and take them along to work. I do label them with the contents and calories. I also use the receipe builder here to figure out the calories per serving.

So other stanards I have: Left over chicken, Tuna or boiled eggs on a salad. Hummus on a wrap.

HTH!
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    http://www.innocentdrinks.co.uk/things_we_make/vegpots/

Cant fault them, lots of choice, normly low sodium and low fat. Very filling pretty high fibre.

Had the new special edition sweet chilli, Try them and also try making your own, they are great altho a little expensive you get what you pay for!

img_thai_sweet_chilli.jpg

Red pepper (15%), water chestnut (14%), water, onion, babycorn (10%), cooked rice (9%) (water, rice, vegetable oil), carrot, soy sauce* (water, salt, molasses, sugar, soya bean, wheat), demerara sugar, ginger, red chilli (1%), cornflour, garlic, red wine vinegar, coriander, vegetable oil, lemongrass, red thai curry paste (vegetable oil, water, red chilli, salt, ginger, garlic, galangal, sugar, lemongrass, shallot, kaffir lime peel, coriander seed, coriander (0.8%), cumin, cardamon seeds, white pepper), lime juice, sea salt, lime leaves. (*Contains: gluten, soya).

Per Pot GDA
    Energy: 901 kJ (213 Kcal) 11%
    Protein: 4.2g 9%
    Carbohydrate: 37.6g 16%
    Carbohydrate (of which sugars): 12.2g 14%
    Fat: 3.8g 5%
    Fat (of which saturates): 0.4g 2%
    Fibre: 6.8g 28%
    Sodium: 0.87g 36%
  • skinnypigeon
    skinnypigeon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can make a batch of cold quinoa salad: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/southwestern-quinoa-salad/Detail.aspx

You can use rice paper and make fresh spring rolls with lots of veggies and chicken or shrimp if you like. Dip in soy and rice wine vinegar.

Make a batch of fresh tomato sauce with zucchini, spinach and onions serve over whole wheat pasta or spaghetti squash.

I always take leftovers from the night before.

egg/tuna/chicken salad lettuce wraps (I use greek yogurt instead of mayo)

Hope some of these help! =)
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love Thomas's bagel thins, I toast them and spread on a cheese wedge (laughing cow or sonoma jacks) and make it a sandwich with raw baby spinach and green peppers
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Wow great suggestions. I will have to try them. Thanks!