I'm declaring winter to be "Weight Loss Season"

Options
For the last several years I showed the greatest weight loss success right around the holidays. That's counter to what everybody else seems to experience, but now I think I've figured out why.

I work in construction, and this past has been the worst. Most of my meals were fast food, eaten en-route to or from a construction site. I actually gained 12 lbs :s Now my construction projects are coming to a close, I'm able to start my diet again. It's just an unavoidable fact that I can't focus on fitness during the summer.

So here's my new approach: I'm accepting my summer difficulties. And I'm going to make the most of winter. I used to set a goal and think that I'm just going to keep at it until I reach it or burn out. This time I'm gonna set a goal I can meet before next summer. Then I'll set a maintenance goal for next summer. Then a new weight loss goal next winter.

I put it in writing, let's see if it works :)

Replies

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I don't work construction, but I seem to lose more weight during the winter as well. And yes, this is the opposite of most people. I think it may be because I love the cooler weather, and it encourages me to be more active. My body also may burn more calories keeping me warm, but that's just a hunch. I often lose weight over the holidays, and when I tell people that, they look at me like I'm crazy. ;)
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It's not just me, then. Maybe it's just us? ;)
    Just in the half hour since I wrote my post I'm getting quite excited for winter. We got our first snow today. Bring it on!
  • robinsvitakjones
    robinsvitakjones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I think Summer brings BBQ's and parties... Cook outs and beer..... Oh, an ice cold Corona with lime (or 6) in the Summertime!!!!... But, I find that when I want to (and actually try) to get on track, it's always the Fall/Winter season. THIS Fall I'm actually paying attention & buckling down to lose the 20 lbs I've gained since meeting my husband. I'm NOT overweight, but I'm NOT comfortable in this weight, either. I'm down 12 lbs in 51 days.
  • MzOakland
    MzOakland Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    me too..looking for accountability..anyone down to post daily or weekly goals and do a weekly weigh in?
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    MzOakland wrote: »
    me too..looking for accountability..anyone down to post daily or weekly goals and do a weekly weigh in?

Sure, why not. I just created a group called Snow Masters. I'll send you an invite. Anybody else interested?