Did the recipe-adding tool change?

Options
PDReader
PDReader Posts: 24 Member
Hi, I'm trying to add in a recipe and it seems like the tool doesn't work the same as it used to. Used to be it would let you look foods up in the database and now all there is is this green button that says, "Match ingredients." But I hit that and it does nothing. I need to put in things like a cup of walnuts, a cup of flaxseed, etc.

Help?

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    They are just forcing everyone to use the new, and decidedly useless "new recipe generator". Screw that. The old one is still available and still works, they just took away the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The new one is both absolutely useless and absolutely horrible. The old one is barely sufficient, as it was.

I cannot believe that a weight loss site will only let me enter a recipe in the useless and ever-present "serving". Seriously, why can I not add a weight for my entire recipe so that when I fix/weigh a bowl or plate of it, I know the exact percentage of the nutrients that I am consuming. Sometimes I eat more of something, sometimes I eat less. Splitting it into equal, meaningless "servings" is completely useless to me.
  • heirloomtomato
    heirloomtomato Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    They are just forcing everyone to use the new, and decidedly useless "new recipe generator". Screw that. The old one is still available and still works, they just took away the link:

Thank you so much for posting this link!
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    nuvimi wrote: »
    The new one is both absolutely useless and absolutely horrible. The old one is barely sufficient, as it was.

I cannot believe that a weight loss site will only let me enter a recipe in the useless and ever-present "serving". Seriously, why can I not add a weight for my entire recipe so that when I fix/weigh a bowl or plate of it, I know the exact percentage of the nutrients that I am consuming. Sometimes I eat more of something, sometimes I eat less. Splitting it into equal, meaningless "servings" is completely useless to me.

Why not make your recipe one serving then, and when you log it, put in a percentage of the serving? I know in the log-it dialog it only lets you do it in 0.5 increments, but then go back and edit your entry and it will allow you to make it any arbitrary percentage
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    nuvimi wrote: »

Why not make your recipe one serving then, and when you log it, put in a percentage of the serving? I know in the log-it dialog it only lets you do it in 0.5 increments, but then go back and edit your entry and it will allow you to make it any arbitrary percentage

That's a really great workaround that I never would have thought of. thanks!!
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options

THANK YOU!!!! :D