Healthy (and easy!) Chocolate Truffles

Options
chocolate_totoro
chocolate_totoro Posts: 827 Member
I know most of you may not be vegan, but I love this recipe as it uses one of my favorite ingredients, coconut, so that I can enjoy something chocolatey (I'm allergic to dairy so most chocolate is a no for me). I can't seem to remember where I originally found this recipe... it may be from a health blog or something...anyways, here it is!

Yields about 6-7 truffles

5 T coconut cream concentrate
4 T unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
1 T real vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
2 T raw honey (to taste)
1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (or shredded coconut flakes)

Place the container of coconut cream in a bowl of hot water to soften it, but it doesn't have to be completely liquified. Add the cream to a small bowl and stir in the cocoa powder until well mixed. Add vanilla, honey, and water. Stir until the mixture has a smooth and velvety consistency. Taste and adjust to desired sweetness. If the coconut cream hardens up again, simply place the bowl in warm water and stir to soften it up. Refrigerate until mixture solidifies (about 20-30 min).

Place nuts (or coconut flakes) in a small bowl. Scoop out about 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture and place it in the bowl to coat the truffles completely. Repeat this process for the remainder of the mixture. Store the truffles in the fridge.

If you guys happen to try out this recipe, let me know what you think! (:

(9 g fat and 2 net carbs each)

Replies

• jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yum! This sounds delicious!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I know most of you may not be vegan, but I love this recipe as it uses one of my favorite ingredients, coconut, so that I can enjoy something chocolatey (I'm allergic to dairy so most chocolate is a no for me). I can't seem to remember where I originally found this recipe... it may be from a health blog or something...anyways, here it is!

Yields about 6-7 truffles

5 T coconut cream concentrate
    4 T unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
    1 T real vanilla extract
    1/2 cup water
    2 T raw honey (to taste)
    1/2 cup chopped nuts of your choice (or shredded coconut flakes)

Place the container of coconut cream in a bowl of hot water to soften it, but it doesn't have to be completely liquified. Add the cream to a small bowl and stir in the cocoa powder until well mixed. Add vanilla, honey, and water. Stir until the mixture has a smooth and velvety consistency. Taste and adjust to desired sweetness. If the coconut cream hardens up again, simply place the bowl in warm water and stir to soften it up. Refrigerate until mixture solidifies (about 20-30 min).

Place nuts (or coconut flakes) in a small bowl. Scoop out about 1.5 tablespoons of the mixture and place it in the bowl to coat the truffles completely. Repeat this process for the remainder of the mixture. Store the truffles in the fridge.

If you guys happen to try out this recipe, let me know what you think! (:

(9 g fat and 2 net carbs each)

You Rang??? Thanks! And it doesn't matter to me... Vegan or Not Vegan.. If they taste good, they taste good. I will let you know. I've never tried to make truffles before.
  • iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Post pictures please!!!
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chocolate_totoro
    chocolate_totoro Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump (;