2 trips to Lambeau - 321 days, 72 lbs (with pics)

Options
UmmSqueaky
UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
So last year, after avoiding pictures being taken of myself my entire adult life, I started to actually get out and do things I wanted to remember. So I let people take pictures of me. Witness my trip to Lambeau Field, November 23rd 2013.

2v9desz.jpg

This was the beginning of the end for my old, fat denying self. These pictures, along with others taken over the Thanksgiving week woke me up. They were there staring me in the face - I had always been chubby, a chubby kid, a chubby teen, a chubby college student. But now here I was in my 30s and I was no longer chubby, I was fat. When I got home the following Monday, I logged onto MFP and have been faithfully logging for 321 days.

2a8kjva.jpg

The jeans in the first picture are a size 18 Old Navy (so really like a size 20 or 22). This weekend's jeans are a size 8. Probably some vanity sizing,since everything is vanity sized these days, but not Old Navy level of vanity sizing. Shirt in the first pic is a men's XL. Shirt in the second set is a women's L. I fit into a women's medium, but didn't feel comfortable with it being quite as form fitting as it was.

The end is in sight. The arbitrary, pie in the sky goal of 75 lbs lost will be conquered in but a few short weeks. 321 days ago, I didn't seriously think I would ever weigh this little. And now, I'm not only thinking about hitting a final weight of 115 lbs, I know I can actually reach it.

Now as I near the end of the weight loss portion of my journey, I am starting to think ahead to the rest of my life. I've lost this weight in way I hope is sustainable. I haven't given up anything, except for large portion sizes and eating out frequently. I eat everything I love, just less of it and less often. I have incorporated exercise into my daily life (I bike to work 8 months of the year and enjoy going to the gym). So once I reach "the end," I know it's not really the end. My life isn't going to change much from what I've been doing these last 321 days. I will get a few hundred more calories a day, but I'll still ride my bike where ever and whenever possible. I'll still limit my eating out to once or twice per week. I won't eat 6 cookies in a single sitting. Do I really derive extra benefit with each additional cookie I consume, or can I be satisfied with one or 2? I can enjoy my McDonalds french fries a few times a month instead of a few times a week. There's no need to shovel huge portions of food into my mouth - my body doesn't need it. Eat delicious food, just less of it.

In short, make sustainable changes. Wake up every day and work at it. The weight will come off, fast or slow, but you've got to see it through to the end and beyond. This is not a diet, this is a way to live. Onward and downward friends!

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! And you have the right mind set to keep it off! Good job!
  • Bekkah5215
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats on your success! :)
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats

29509743.png
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. It is interested to go back to a location and take pics a year later. You have come so far. :)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Love it! You're a great-lookin' Cheesehead :) (me = Badger)
  • fitnessmalak
    fitnessmalak Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Reading your post made me smile, I am so happy for you, congratulations!! Looking forward to reading 115lb's post
    x
  • Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Stunning success! Cheers.
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful inside and out ! You are such an inspiration! Can't wait to see you hitting the 115 lbs!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on your accomplishment! I love going to Lambeau Field as well...gets me in the mood to do the Beer Barrel Polka!
  • Zikhona123
    Zikhona123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!
  • stakoc94
    stakoc94 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We have a Packer Game December 8th and one of my mini goals is to not feel like a sardine in a can all squished together in the stands from chubbyness lol Great work and keep it up!
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the compliments and a shout out to my fellow Badger/Cheeseheads. The UW Marching Band played pregame/halftime/5th quarter, so it was the best of all possible Wisconsin football Sundays. One of the people in our group knows someone in the band. She sent him our location so we could get a drive-by "On Wisconsin," just like back in the day at Camp Randall :)
  • VictoriaS57
    VictoriaS57 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a great accomplishment you've achieved. Better health and you look great.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • christinapapou
    christinapapou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must be over the moon! That's amazing!
    I have a question though.
    I'm very concerned that when I lose the weight I will have a lot of excess skin. If I may be so bold, how does your skin feel and look? I don't want to be rude but I'm extremely nervous about it.
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great job!!!
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! GREAT inspiration!
  • DrewInPR
    DrewInPR Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ironically, the picture of me I hate the most is the one where I am kicking that giant football in front of the Packer Hall of Fame. Love the Packers ...
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! My plan is similar to yours; it's good to know it works!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!