Some days are harder than others

Options
Yesterday was a nightmare. I felt ravenous, down, tired and really struggled with the "why" etc. I think I was genuinely tired, have a cold and not every day is meant to be easy.

Today, I am back up. I have dusted off the bad vibes and feel rejuvenated in my journey (could be the green tea supplement).

Point of the post - one 24 hour period doesn't dictate the whole process. You have to work at snapping out of the wrong frame of mind.

Replies

• HeidiExton
    HeidiExton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree. Even a few bad hours doesn't ruin a whole day. Great Positive thinking.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Before and during every of my hiit workouts i am thinking, wth am i doing? Afterwards i feel great :#
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yep, you blew a day, but now is the time to start again. I have had many such failures.
    Just get up and back in the fight.
    Good Luck!
    :)
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes a day outside of your calories is a good day. It's hard to be disciplined constantly and it just makes the process so much more stressful!
  • mrsbadkarma
    mrsbadkarma Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I totally blew yesterday. Today I'm determined to get in multiple workouts. Already did one of them...

You guys are right, one day doesn't completely derail you. It may cause a tiny speed bump (weight gain/water retention) but bumps are easier to get over than hurdles. ;)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i call that PMS
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    "Point of the post - one 24 hour period doesn't dictate the whole process. You have to work at snapping out of the wrong frame of mind." And, sometimes you just have to let it pass and do your best in the meantime.

I go through times when my mood can only be described as "blah". Nothing interests me, nothing excites me, etc. But, I know what I need to do and just do it and I also know the mood will pass. No sense me making bad choices during that time frame only to feel even worse afterwards. Not easy, but I've learned the hard way...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I've had a few totally out of bounds days lately. none of them were over 1700 cals or so but for someone my age and size, that's a gaining level! blerg. haven't lost a pound in quite a while. So I'm working harder at the gym now.
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Today I am having a blah day. Arguing with the husband...work has been busy and non-stop. Just feeling grumpy and sad. BUT, I am still working out tonight no matter what. You can't give up. Just have to keep pushing forward through the tough days!
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    mrsmay1986 wrote: »
    Today I am having a blah day. Arguing with the husband...work has been busy and non-stop. Just feeling grumpy and sad. BUT, I am still working out tonight no matter what. You can't give up. Just have to keep pushing forward through the tough days!

You will feel better once you've worked out at the gym. Medicine for the mind. Stick to your plan.
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I've had a few totally out of bounds days lately. none of them were over 1700 cals or so but for someone my age and size, that's a gaining level! blerg. haven't lost a pound in quite a while. So I'm working harder at the gym now.

Love your profile pic.