Is it possible?

Options
fallowfieldhil
fallowfieldhil Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
I am 19, 5'7 and a size 18 and just not happy with how I look. I've got a big day coming up in just under 6 weeks, I was wondering if it was possible to drop to a size 14/16 in this time? And how much weight I could possibly lose. I've started a new healthy food regime which consists of fruit for breakfast and lunch and a chicken salad for dinner. I know I will have no problem sticking to this as I've recently moved out and it's simple for me to stick to it when I have to cook. I've only been drinking water and started walking a mile and a half a day and yesterday started 20 minutes cardio in the mornings.Is my goal achievable?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    It is possible to drop about 15-20 pounds in 6 weeks (4-8 usually the fist week in water, followed by 2 pounds a week). Whether that is a pant size depends on your body. Remember that losing isn't dependent on your meal plan, its based on caloric deficit. Eat in a manner that is sustainable so you can continue to lose after your 6 week "event".
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You could definitely drop a size in 6 weeks, but I'm not sure why you feel it's necessary to eat an all fruit/chicken salad diet.
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree. Eating only fruits and some chicken doesn't sound very safe. I would just choose a calorie goal (1400) to start and work in 20-30 mins of exercise 3-5 times per week if possible. I know you have a very short term goal (which is great) but I would also look at continuing your journey for the long-term. Feel free to add me if you need more support.
  • fallowfieldhil
    Options
    My goal isnt just short term, I will continue until I reach my final goal then aim to maintain it. I've struggled with motivation before and now I have plenty I want to hit the ground running so to speak. If I make it to my 6 week goal I know it will give me the inspiration to carry on after that.
    Thank you for your replies
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sizing is hard to say. It took me three months to drop a size. But if your ticker is correct, you should easily be able to lose 2 pounds a week for a while. Good luck!
  • chicacherry666
    Options
    I'd suggest a diet 1200-1400 calories to get to your goal :)